TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:41:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 103
  • Total: 103

Unusual and SEO unfriendly Forum URL

Started by Artimedia, August 20, 2009, 09:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artimedia

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this but, how can I have a URL like www.mywebsite.com/forum, when using TP?

I mean, presently I have my forum directory inside my public_html directory. So, my Forum URL is www.mydomain.com/forum. How can I install TP in a way that TP's URL is www.mydomain.com and by clicking on "Forum", I go to www.mydomain.com/forum??..

Thanks.

G6Cad

You cant have another url for tp as it's wraped into SMF. SMF and TP have to have the same urls.

IchBin

What you are claiming does not mean its an SEO Unfriendly URL. The portal is part of SMF as G6 stated. IF you want something outside of your forum, you'll have to install a stand alone portal or CMS like MKportal or Drupal.

Artimedia

Thank you! I understood the concept. But unlike many people I don't want TP to be my website. so, going to www.mydomain.com will not lead to the portal. I want TP to be www.domain.com/TP, just as now SMF is www.mydomain.com/forum.

What will replace the word "forum" in the URL once TP is installed on my SMF? Will it still be "forum"? Or something else?

ZarPrime

Artimedia,

If your Forum url for SMF is www.mydomain.com/forum that will be the url for TinyPortal as well because TP is a Mod of SMF.  It can't be installed separately from SMF, or into another folder.  Once TP is installed, the TP Front Page will become www.mydomain.com/forum or www.mydomain.com/forum/index.php and the Forum itself will become www.mydomain.com/forum/index.php?action=forum

Now, you can use certain parts of SMF on the www.mydomain.com url if you want to, using the ssi functions of SMF.

If this is not clear, please feel free to ask more questions.

ZarPrime

Artimedia

Thank you! This is perfectly clear. :up:

How would I access ssi functions of SMF, if that was the case?...

G6Cad