TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:59:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 281
  • Total: 282
  • @rjen

Link goes no where

Started by bigguy, December 03, 2018, 03:04:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tino

Quote from: @rjen on December 04, 2018, 05:46:28 AM
The two PR together should make the fix, but I think the ... should have remained in the body text....

The only way this will work is if we get SMF to change parse_bbc

lurkalot

The bbc stuff, would this related to the smileys not showing on the front page, I'm assuming in those promoted posts and articles.  I just saw a post on his site saying they were not working. They do on my test site running 1.6.2 though.

@rjen

Quote from: lurkalot on December 04, 2018, 07:08:03 AM
Quote from: @rjen on December 04, 2018, 06:54:35 AM
Missing the spacing between the body and read more text though...

Looks ok to me.  ??? Got a screenshot of what it looks like, and what it should look like for comparison?

Never mind, it looks the way it is supposed to. Just realised I was on my mobile this morning, and refreshing the cache had not been done...

And Tino: you where right to split the Read More text into a separate variable. When I saw the code I was afraid that the three dots would be split from the body text like so...

end of Body text

... Read More
but again, on a pc it shows I was wrong...

What's this about Smileys not showing on promoted posts?
I am seeing at least one...

Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

@rjen

Just read your reply on whatsyourbeef Mick: you are right: latest code fixes it: the quick and dirty workaround that they are using now actually will cause this because it is no longer parses the body text...

lurkalot

Quote from: @rjen on December 04, 2018, 07:51:11 AM
Just read your reply on whatsyourbeef Mick: you are right: latest code fixes it: the quick and dirty workaround that they are using now actually will cause this because it is no longer parses the body text...

Thanks, thought that was the case.  :)

Thinking perhaps we should add bigguy to the beta group, the more testers the merrier imo. As long as he's happy with that of course.  ;)

lurkalot

Quote from: @rjen on December 04, 2018, 07:51:11 AM

Actually while you were there, did you notice when clicking to a article category from the front page article, Giving Support

https://www.whatsurbeef.net/index.php  Gives this, https://www.whatsurbeef.net/index.php?cat=ga

The text seems shifted to the left and is slightly cut off. But fine when viewing the actual article.  Not sure if this is another bug when running in 2.1.  Doesn't appear to do this on a 2.0.15 based install, or at least I can't replicate it.

@rjen

I am not seeing what you mean. But I have no account there and you do. Does it show this as guest too?

tino

I can see the same as lurkalot on a PC. When viewing on the category listing it's slightly off the page.

It however doesn't do the same on my test one here so I think it's a styling issue with that site.

@rjen

I see it now, and it is TP related I am afraid.

Caused by tp_col16, which has a style of: margin-left: -20px;
Line 41 of tp_style.css...

need to check why that is not giving this issue in curve2

@rjen

Strange! That line is not in our css ... did someone remove that recently?