TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:57:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 212
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 179
  • Total: 179

A little request regarding php pages

Started by JPDeni, August 22, 2006, 04:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPDeni

This is a very small thing, but it would be a huge help.

In the admin area where the TP articles are listed, it would be huge help if there was a link to click where we could view the page we've been working on. Maybe another column in the table, with a link called "View." It would make it a whole lot easier to go back and forth while troubleshooting, especially with php articles.

Something like:

alan s

Thats a good idea , it would make it a lot more convienient , also i think it would be a good idea to be able to view individual blocks by clicking a "view" button/link beside them.

JPDeni

It would be nice, but might be a little more difficult. Viewing a page is just a matter of creating a link with "page=" and the number. Viewing a block would be more. However, if you were troubleshooting a php block, it might not be a bad idea to test out the code in a php page and then, once you know you've got it working, to copy and paste it to a block.

JPDeni

Along the same lines, in a future version could the controls for blocks and articles be a little more consistent?

In the blocks section, there are the graphics to edit, delete and submit, in that order (although I'm not sure what the "submit" is for). In the articles section, the same graphics are used, but the order is delete and then edit. This can get confusing. I had been doing a lot of editing on blocks, which required me to click the "edit" graphic. I then needed to edit an article and, out of habit, I clicked the first graphic in that column. It's fortunate that there was an "Are you sure you want to delete?" message that came up, or I would have said a whole lot of really bad words as I saw my hard work go poof.

I have saved text files of all of my blocks and articles just in case, but I still would have said bad words.

Anyway, if you ever think of redoing the articles page, it would certainly be handy to have a View link and to have the "edit" and "delete" graphics switched so they're the same as the blocks.

Nokonium

Quote from: JPDeni on August 22, 2006, 04:01:13 PM
This is a very small thing, but it would be a huge help.

In the admin area where the TP articles are listed, it would be huge help if there was a link to click where we could view the page we've been working on. Maybe another column in the table, with a link called "View." It would make it a whole lot easier to go back and forth while troubleshooting, especially with php articles.

Something like:

This is where tabbed browsers come in very useful.

bloc

Added preview links on article manager screen, and moved the edit button for 0.9.5.

JPDeni

Oh, you're such a great guy!! Thank you. ;D

bloc

*cough* no prob..it should really have been in for a long time ago. ::)