TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:23:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 212
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 63
  • Total: 63

Custom Actions and Tp Blocks

Started by 0uK^-, January 01, 2007, 11:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommy

Quote from: Bloc on January 02, 2007, 04:00:18 PM
Since any custom action is assumed to be the "forum" part, the setting for hiding panels when in forum, will set in whenever your custom action is run.

I rather suggest you set them on in the forum to be able to see them. Or - use the extended visiblity options for each block and make that block show when in your custom action. Choose "custom" and type in the action name in the filed next to it. it should then display in your custom action even if blocks are set to be hidden in forum.

Well...is there no option to display the right panel on the custom action page even if it's deactivated in the forum? I only want to display the right panel on the forums index - and on my custom action (action=hpnews).

Yep, i could use the "extended visibility option" but for that I need two (but the same) blocks.
One for the index and one for my custom action page...

Thurnok

hehe... this is the first time I came across this topic, but I'm assuming that OuK^- fixed the error in the code that is in his first post since he later posts he got it... LOL

FYI, if you are wondering...

<?php

$context['page_title'] = 'Just Testing;

?>

should be:

<?php

$context['page_title'] = 'Just Testing';

?>

bloc

Quote from: Dubidu on March 22, 2007, 05:27:48 PM
Since any custom action is assumed to be the "forum" part, the setting for hiding panels when in forum, will set in whenever your custom action is run.

I rather suggest you set them on in the forum to be able to see them. Or - use the extended visiblity options for each block and make that block show when in your custom action. Choose "custom" and type in the action name in the filed next to it. it should then display in your custom action even if blocks are set to be hidden in forum.

Well...is there no option to display the right panel on the custom action page even if it's deactivated in the forum? I only want to display the right panel on the forums index - and on my custom action (action=hpnews).

Yep, i could use the "extended visibility option" but for that I need two (but the same) blocks.
One for the index and one for my custom action page...
No, not currently..because the blocks are fetched quite early and aslo consider the "hide in forum" setting, its hard to do this.

In TP 0.9.5 and earlier it WAS possible - because the hide-in-forum setting was applied  after the blocks were loaded. But since the introduction of dynamic blocks, I had to add that setting into the fetching routine itself. Its more resource friendly this way, only loading what you need. 

sc2forums

I've been trying to do the same thing, but I don't have the option "custom" in the dropdown menu... there is the field for entering the custom name next to it, but no 'custom"? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

IchBin

Thats all you need. You put the name of the custom action in the text box.

Tommy

Hi,

does anyone know a "theme code" for a custom action site, so I can choose a theme for it - like in smf boards "Board Theme
This allows you to change the look of your forum inside only this board." ?
Would be great - thanks!

/Edit: oops, you guys don't give support for smf questions, right? Then forget it...  :(