TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:53:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 212
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 37
  • Total: 37

TP 1.0 Beta 5 English Translation Package

Started by zarprime, March 15, 2010, 01:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZarPrime

The new English Translation Package (ISO only) for The soon to be released TinyPortal 1.0 beta 5 is attached to this post.  This package will allow you to translate TinyPortal 1.0 beta 5 to other languages.

We have some members that always do these translations but, if you want to be one of our translators, please download this package, translate the files and textstrings to your native language, and attach your translated package to a post in this topic for us to check.  All files need to be 100% translated into your language.

Anyone can do this but it's much easier if you can write and understand both your native language and English.

The English-utf8 files have not yet been created.  This will come later.  However, if you have done translations before, and know how to encode the enclosed files for utf8, you are free to go ahead and create those files as well.

If you want to be a TP language translator and keep on translating our packages in the future, please send any of the team a PM (in English please) and tell us a little about yourself.

ZarPrime

Nolt

Thanks for this package, I wanted ask for it but I dont must anymore xD

ZarPrime

I only put this up in case anyone wants to be ready when the time comes.

ZarPrime

Nolt

Polish translation added to download section.

fak3

Italian translation is coming (both iso and utf8). I'm doing a 100% new translation. :uglystupid2:

ZarPrime

claudio_o,

Good to hear.  Thanks for supporting TinyPortal. O0

ZarPrime

The_Gentleman

Here you'll find the german translations by cx-one.

Support Edit by ZarPrime:  Do not attempt to use these files.  They have been zipped up in an unsupported format and will not extract.

G6Cad

Quote from: The_Gentleman on April 08, 2010, 07:37:29 AM

Have to ask before adding them to the downloadsection..
Have you made the translation from start to end by your self, or have you updated the strings from another released German language package ?
Why i ask is because if you have updated, we must add the credits for the original translater aswell :)

ZarPrime

G6,

In this topic --> http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=32298.0 ...

cx_one had done the original translations and made them available for download as .rar files.  In that same topic, The_Gentleman had replied and I asked that one of them please turn them into .zip files and attach them to this topic.

I believe it's safe to say that the files attached here by The_Gentleman were originally done by cx_one.  I have not uploaded them yet.

ZarPrime

G6Cad

@ Zar, why i asked is becaause last package and translation were just an update from a apckage allready made by another member, he got upset that time so i wanted to ask first so we dont step on anyones toes ;)

ZarPrime

OK, I see. Well, maybe someone will enlighten us. :D

ZP

Mavn

Mostly translated, but not full yet.

Have problem with time and with server where files saved.

ZarPrime

Support Edit by ZarPrime:  Do not attempt to use these files.  They have been zipped up in an unsupported format and will not extract.

The files you posted will not extract properly.  For German and German utf-8, please try the files attached to this post instead.  To create these .zip archives, I extracted the files from the .rar packages posted by cx_one in this post ...
http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=32298.msg259478#msg259478

I then created the .zip archives containing those files and attached them to this post.  Please try them out and let us know if they work properly.  If they work fine, we will upload them to our downloads here.

ZarPrime

The_Gentleman

Quote from: G6 on April 08, 2010, 07:39:24 AM

Have to ask before adding them to the downloadsection..

As Zar said, these were the files of cxone, but only changed from .rar-archieves to .zip-archieves.

edit of above topic: Repacked them again, because Zar had some probs in extracting them using WinZip or 7zip. They are packed using WinZip 11.0 and tested for extraction using 7zip, WinZip, WinAce and WinRAR. So they should work propperly...

ZarPrime

The_Gentleman,

I don't know why I had a problem with the files you uploaded, unless it's because you use a newer version of Winzip than I do.  I haven't updated it in quite awhile.

ZarPrime

Edit:  OK, I went ahead and tried the files you attached to this post again ...
http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=32105.msg259785#msg259785

I had no trouble extracting them this time.  Maybe I just got a bad download the first time but it's strange that it happened with both files. :idiot2: