TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:43:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 266
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 141
  • Total: 141

How much TP will overload my server CPU usage?

Started by mrdr, March 30, 2007, 11:17:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdr

I've got a smf forum and i'm thinking about installing tiny portal but i'm concered how it  will reflect on my hosting possibilities?
I have average about 105000 hits, 40000 pages and 520 mb bandwith daily.
Will i need to change my hosting packet with my hosting company? Would it increase CPU usage, bandwith etc?

Crip

You have nothing to be concerned about, TP is made for SMF Forums only..install it and have fun!
I have become comfortably numb!

Cripzone | Crip's Free 2.0.2 Themes

IchBin

The one thing I've seen that would be an issue is the shoutbox. Because TP's shoutbox requires a page refresh each time a shout is posted it can rack up the hits and bandwidth really fast. If you don't use that, I don't see a big problem with TP.

Crip

But, you also can Delete all Shouts and start all over..yes Boss? :P
I have become comfortably numb!

Cripzone | Crip's Free 2.0.2 Themes

seavashr

any extra module,plugin,script,.... will need extra ram,cpu usage,bandwide
Your answer will be Yes installing TP will use more resouces than just simple SMF

but it depend on how many users you will have how many blocks you will use in TP

We can not tell you if your hosting plan is enough or not because we dont know which services you already installed and running on your server
also one fourm might have users with simple post but another forum might has users with complicated post (a lot of tag,smilly,codes in post)
this small diffrent will cause the second forum to use more resources

Its better for you or anyone To install the TP (or  any new service module) and check the server load and then juge to go on with the sutiation or uninstall the new service or module or what ever your just installed or upgrade to higher level (or maybe just adding more ram to your plan to help you save money )

Ken.

This topic is almost one year old so it is locked now.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

seavashr

I have totally different opinion

Forums doesn't necessarily means it should answers the particular person question

This can be the answer of many users

and also search engines can index this page and return it as the answer for the one who need it

By this idea i answered replied to this post

regards

G6Cad

Lol Ken, you forgot to actually LOCK the topic  :2funny:

Ken.

" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.