TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:54:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 212
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 200
  • Total: 201
  • illori

[SOLVED] Package Install and Manual Install

Started by pfeff, August 15, 2008, 11:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pfeff

Link to my site: http://www.sportsrubes.com
SMF version: SMF version 1.1.15
TP version: TP version 0.9.8
Theme name and version: Carbonation - RocketTheme
Mods installed: None
Related Error messages: An Error Has Occurred!
You cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable!

My site was hacked, someone got into Joomla and I realized that it Joomla was complete overkill. I like it but TinyPortal seems to be a better fit for me since I rarely put any content on the site and no one else does at all.

So I tried the automatic install and that states the permissions aren't right even though I set them at 777.

I tried the manual install last night and I must have done something wrong.

I'm jacked about this TP business, this is always what I wanted to create, but am afraid this is going over my head, which arguably has never been tough to do! LOL

My main site was near 10 million hits, my forum stats are at...

Monthly SummaryNew TopicsNew PostsNew MembersMost OnlinePage Views
August 20082331919249180279350
July 20085534361519156621130
June 20083793642279132603539
May 20083253873256156627212

And I have jerked my users around with host switches and hacks. I could really use a lot of help.

Any suggestions?

Dan

Ken.

Dan you may have an issue with your server/host... when my site was moved to the current host we went through a period of time where the permissions would not set or hold whenever I tried to change them. My host needed to give me 'ownership' of the folders to solve the problem.

As for the manual install; check the link below and make sure that you've completed all steps as laid out in the how-to:
How do I manually install TinyPortal
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

pfeff

That was the install I went through. I will check permissions again and see what happens.

pfeff

Tried that via filezilla and I am going to have to try the manual route again.

pfeff

On the downloads I grabbed TinyPortal 0.9.8 Manual install file. Direction 6 refers to "tp-version.mod" file. There isn't one in the zip file I downloaded. There are many of them in the "non-manual" installs, but none in the manual one.

Does anyone have the file edits that I need to make for the 0.9.8 manual install?

G6Cad

pfeff

Ken.

That link will give you the SMF files edits pfeff and that's part of the manual install process but there are other steps as well, check the link below for the full detail.
How do I manually install TinyPortal

Also on the file permissions issue, if it turns out that file permissions are the cause of this problem then you can't fix that on your end unless you have actual 'ownership' of the files that are on the server. To find our for sure you would have to contact your host and ask them if you do/don't have ownership. If you are setting your permissions using FileZilla but they don't hold or actually change then chances are this is the problem.

EDIT: Ya beat me G6.  :)
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

pfeff

Am I supposed to open the index.template.php file from the default directory instead of what is listed below?

Open file:
Themes/babylon/index.template.php