TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:31:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 99
  • Total: 100
  • lurkalot

Changing TP Images

Started by Skhilled, July 03, 2019, 11:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

I am trying to edit the TP images such as TPedit2.png, etc. for the blocks and am using TP v1.6.3. I believe you had to create a /tinyportal directory in your theme's /images folder and upload them there. But this is not working as expected and still shows the images as being in:

/Themes/default/images/tinyportal/

They should be in the following directory, right?

/Themes/your-theme/images/tinyportal/

I'm pretty sure that I had a post around here somewhere years ago about this but can't find it.

@rjen

Mmm, interesting find.

I checked the code on how this works and I found that you CAN use the custome theme folder, but it will only work if you create a folder /images/tinyportal under the custom theme and the file TParticle.png must be in that folder... if that is the case the theme folder will be used instead of the default folder, then make sure ALL images are in that folder and change the ones you want to change..
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

Skhilled

Yes! Thank you!!! I knew there was a file that you had to add or edit or something but couldn't remember what it was. LOL

The topic that was here may have been deleted when there was a server issue years ago. I had made a tutorial about it somewhere. May make another soon.

@rjen

Marking solved...

if you have some tutorial input I will gladly include it in TPDocs...

Skhilled

I may still have access to the docs...used to help update them. LOL Not sure where the tut is. If I can't find it I'll make a new one. :)

lurkalot

It's always worked this way as far as I'm aware.  We used to do the same for the TPshout css as well, dumping a custom css file in each theme so we have different shoutbox colours to match the theme.

@rjen

Could be, but the CSS location is not derived the same way: I did not know images folder was checked based on that specific file name...

lurkalot

I guess it's just like building custom themes, it'll pick up and use what ever riles are included in it, and if they are not there it'll use the fallback from default.

Quite handy for making custom themes with matching looks for TP. ;)   

@rjen

Quote from: lurkalot on July 03, 2019, 07:38:08 PM
I guess it's just like building custom themes, it'll pick up and use what ever riles are included in it, and if they are not there it'll use the fallback from default.

That's not quite how it works though! If you create the images/tinyportal folder in another theme ALL images MUST be in that folder. If not TinyPortal will wil not show any image for the missing files!

lurkalot

Quote from: @rjen on July 03, 2019, 07:44:40 PM
Quote from: lurkalot on July 03, 2019, 07:38:08 PM

That's not quite how it works though! If you create the images/tinyportal folder in another theme ALL images MUST be in that folder. If not TinyPortal will wil not show any image for the missing files!

Yep, you need the whole set, which you would customise specifically for that theme. 

I found a post from 2012 which touches on this, https://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=35042.0

I can't find the tut Steve was looking for though.