TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:45:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 199
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 206
  • Total: 207
  • illori

0.9.7 error

Started by Sacrifist, December 08, 2006, 07:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sacrifist

um, bit noob here. What are you editing and where? An example would be swell.

G6Cad

There are a lot of both guides and how tos in the Documentation and the install board.
Please use the search and look around a bit.

Sacrifist

ive looked at all the threads in the docs and im still having trouble understanding this. Do I just need to manually install 0.9.7 and it will work? Or do I need to edit my index.template.php file? Just a bit confused because I havent found anything in the docs about editing that file unless I want to add buttons

Sacrifist

ok, finally got it figured out, thanks for the help G6

G6Cad

kran1um

Having troubles with the new installation also, I did a boo-boo and I dont know what..its kinda one of those things you try to fix but it only gets worse scenerios.

Anyway, I installed SMF1.1FInal and then Installed TP97 and get 500 errors, I uninstall TP97 and all is fine... on one theme. The TP doesnt show up on the forum copyright either, and I have no blocks.. the other themes give me errors also, just one does not. What the hell did I do?!

Also how to I integrate the database back into the new SMF if I decide to wipe everything out and start over?

Nokonium

Were you in the default theme when you installed? That is the one you should be in because that is the one that all mods will install into. As for other themes, TP will only work with themes designed to work with TP, if they are Bloc themes you will need to install and use the TP version of that theme, if not you will need to modify the theme yourself.

If you want to use an pre-existing database with a new install the best thing to do is install just SMF, change the server settings to point to the database that you want to use and upload and run the upgrade.php and the two upgrade .sql files from SMF 1.1 final update before you install any mods.Ã, 

I cannot help on the 500 internal server error.