TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:33:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 266
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 94
  • Total: 94

About to Upgrade from TP v0.9.8 to TP v1.0 beta 4

Started by Muldoon, January 18, 2010, 03:48:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muldoon

Hi, I'm about to follow the upgrade instructions to upgrade from TP v0.9.8 to TP v1.0 beta 4 posted here:

http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=27943.0

My question is, when I load the files to my server, will I lose my Mesh Theme.  It seems I would upload the Themes folder from the large upgrade to my serve and that would replace my entire Themes folder that is currently on my server so I would in fact lose my theme.  Is this correct, or am I missing something?

Thank you,
Muldoon

IchBin

It doesn't replace anything that isn't already existing in both the package and on your server. In other words, if the mesh theme isn't in the zip package for SMF it won't be replaced. Besides, replace is not the same as remove. :) And uploading files never removes anything, it only replaces.

Muldoon

Ok, thank you IchBin. It's just been a long time since I've upgraded TinyPortal so I'm just a bit out of practice :)  I"ll go ahead and give it a shot. 

I'm sure there will be a lot that is new with this version so hopefully IF I can get it installed successfully, hopefully it won't take to long to get everything set back up :)

Thank you,
Muldoon

Muldoon

Well here's an error during the upgrade.  Looks like my whole site is down...  Any ideas?

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/muldoon/public_html/smf/Sources/TPSubs.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/muldoon/domains/thethirdoption.net/public_html/smf/Sources/Subs.php on line 2819

Muldoon

I noticed the TPSubs.php file is not in my Sources folder...should I go ahead and directly upload it from the TP zip file to the Sources folder on my server?

now the error says the same but ....line 3163

IchBin

If you are missing one file, it is likely that some other files or possibly even code wasn't edited. I'd suggest you go through the manual install.
How do I manually install TinyPortal

Muldoon

So just start where I am at?  Or do I need to restore, and go through the steps to get to where I need to begin a manual install?

Any reason why I received this error?

Thank you IchBin.

IchBin

Server configuration is most likely your problem. Not something we can really debug. It could by file or folder permission, or it could be apache/php configuration. All you need to do is follow the install instructions for uploading the TP files and making sure the files are edited. No need to restore anything unless you bork the manual install up. :)

Muldoon

Well I ended up doing a restore last night as I didn't have the time to stay up and do a manual install.  The restore took a lot longer than I thought so today I'll have to decide whether to go through with the manual install or wait for the next stable release. 

Thanks for the help on this IchBin.  I guess if I decide to push forward with the manual install I'll follow the steps up through STEP 5 from Lord Anubis's  and then do the manual install from there.  Is this correct?

ZarPrime

Muldoon,

Yes, this is correct.  If you have done everything in the post Lord Anubis made and you get a fail using the package manager, then you would do the manual install beginning at that point.  Remember that using that method from Lord Anubis will wipe out any other SMF mods that you have installed as well so, after the manual install of TP, you will want to install the other Mods that you want to keep.

ZarPrime