TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:54:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 190
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 124
  • Total: 124

A fresh install of SMF & TP (Question)

Started by Animal, August 15, 2007, 05:00:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Animal

I want to do a fresh install of SMF and TP to eliminate some problems that linger from an arcade install gone bad.  The forum is functional, and on the surface it's great.  But I'm bothered by the problems and want them gone.

I know how to do a fresh install of SMF using the database, but I have a question regarding TP and the downloads section.

I got the below from searching this forum....

Quote1. Browse to SMF Forums and the downloadsection there.
Download the SAME version of SMF that you had installed before the crash or removal of the old files from your forum root.

2. When you have downloaded the same version of SMF that you had installed, extract the package on your local harddrive.
Upload all of the files into the same (or a new) directory on your host server through Cpanel or FTP.

3. Broswe back to SMF Forums and the downloadsection
and find the Tools section. Once there find the file named Repairsettings.php
and download that file to your local machine. Upload the file to your forum root folder and point your browser to that file.
EG: http://www.yourdomain.com/smf/repair_settings.php
That should take care of the part where your old database find the way to the new files you have uploaded to your forum root folder.
To test, simply write in the normal url you have for the connection to your site and forum.

4. If you had any mods installed, those must reinstalled through the package manager in SMF forums.
TinyPortal will use the same DB as before and you will have the same content and blocks/articles showing after the re installation if the tables in the DB are intact.

My biggest question is this.  Aside from the tp_downloads folder, what other folders do I need to drop into the fresh install to reinstate my downloads section.  I want to be sure I don't lose anything from the dl manager.  It's a lot of files to worry about, and most have long descriptions.  I'm probably overly anxious about losing them, but I can't help it. ;)

Any help is welcome and appreciated.  My apology in advance if this is covered elsewhere.  I did search, but couldn't find the answer I was looking for. 

Thank you,

-Marcus

IchBin

tp-downloads should be the only folder that I can remember. Just make sure to have a complete backup of your site before you do such a thing. You're on the right track, so give it a shot.

Animal

Alright, thanks for the response IchBin

I'll probably make the swap on Friday night.  That'll leave me two days for correcting the things I mess up.  Seems like no matter how hard I plan, I tend to overlook something.