TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:48:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,105
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 299
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 300
  • Total: 300

After I click Install Now the screen turns white and nothing happens

Started by Rammelslakje, August 02, 2007, 12:05:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rammelslakje

HI there,

After i've uploaded TP and I click Install Now, nothing happens. I have only a white screen.

Anyone got an idea?

Thanks

tick

This has been discussed a few times here at TP.  Please use the search and you will find your answer there.  Try some of the things you will find in the search and if you have any more problems post what you have tried and we can go from there.  TIck.

Rammelslakje

Thanks but I didn't find anything what could help me.

I first tried to upload all the files manually. Just trough ftp and in my root directory. Ofc a noob like me has wrecked up his backup file because it stopped somehow in the middle of the progress. Now I have a SMF map with all the files of TinyPortal. I guess it won't work because of those files, especially when they are doubled. Anyone got an idea how to remove everything?

Thanks

Ken.

Rammelslakje check your files for permissions... if the files don't have the corect permissions the install won't work. chmod to 777 or 755 (depends on your server setup).

You may end up needing to do a manual install, in the doc section you have the document to follow for what code to check and where.

The manual install is easy to do, just read very carefully as you go through the process.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

Rammelslakje

Ok but can I just overwrite or do I need to backup my DB and reïnstall the forum files and put the DB back? Don't know how or even if this is posible but now I'll just try overwrite.

Rammelslakje

Anyone knows how I can backup my DB, remove all the files and put the DB back yet?

Will this keep al the forums, members, posts, etc?

Ken.

Doing backups on your database is one of the first things that you need to learn how to do Rammelslakje because that is the very first thing that should be done anytime you work in the files of your forum.

Check out the docs pages over on SMF on how to do backups and other important forum maintenance tasks.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

G6Cad

White pages usually means that some or more files didnt get uploaded correct and therefore they are broken.
Reupload the TP files from the manuall install package, then check so the TP strings got added correctly with help from the modinstruction in the DOC section.

If you want to start over, leave the DB as it is and backup the  settings.php and settings_bak.php files from the forum root folder.

Download the FULL SMF package and extract, upload, overwrite the existing files, add the settings files back to the root and refresh, that should bring all defaults back.
You MUST make sure the files gets uploaded correct.

But from your description the first step i wrote should bring everything back with tp installed.

Rammelslakje

Ok it is installed now. I see tinyportal when I load up my website. But now i'm having troubles. When I click activate for a block (I see the text not a button) nothing shows up. Is it possible that it didn't installed correctly or must it be because I see tinyportal on the front page. I mean shoutbox etc

G6Cad

It means you have it installed wrongly, or more accurate, installed with the wrong theme set as default.
You need to install TP rto the default SNF Core theme.
Make sure you have the TP files uploaded to the correct paths.
Them missing images should be located in the default themes images folder