TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:50:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 212
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 210
  • Total: 211
  • illori

Basic Install Guide[old]

Started by IchBin, October 31, 2005, 10:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oliver

Hello all.

I just finished installing TP on my forum but it seems that is working only with the default theme.

I also tyred to see if is working with the Epsilon theme but is not working even with that.

Is any idea why ?

Yngwiedis

Maybe you dont download the TP ready themes.
Are you sure the themes you install is TP ready ?

oliver

No the 7dana theme that I had as the default is not but Epsilon theme I suppose is TP ready because I download it today from this site. I'm not sure.

Yngwiedis

There are 2 download areas.
One just for SMF and one for SMF + TP.
The themes are different for each situation.

oliver

I see.

Is any way to make at least my default theme to work with TP ? I relay don't want to change that from the default. I have long time that I'm keeping that and most of my members prefere it.

Yngwiedis

Here it is the Epsilon theme for TP :  http://www.tinyportal.net/smf/index.php?topic=2720.0

Here is a guide to help you convert themes so can be TP compatible : http://www.tinyportal.net/smf/index.php?topic=1317.0

oliver

Thanks a lot. I'm starting working right way.

I have finished the translation for the buttons in Albanian Language for the Epsilon Theme and I will start the Translation. Once I have them ready I will provide them here just in case someone might need them.

Thank You

AVainberg

Just installed TP + SMF it was a breeze. I have to learn how to use this baby. Great Job.

Vinspire

Quote from: sunwest on February 13, 2006, 06:22:02 PM
I cannot install the TP package because I continue to get this error
QuoteYou cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable!
This happens even though I have checkd and rechecked numerous times and all the files are 777.

I keep getting this error eventhough i've set the file permission from 777 to 755 and followed some of the suggestion given by fe of the TP Team. Is it possible for someone to have a look at my site ?

www.wangcome.biz/forum/

thanks a bunch :(

SRaven

I'm getting the same thing! I changed the permissions to 777 and even did it again by following the instructions given earlier in this thread, by going to packages>Options> and under cleanup permissions, selected 'Only the standard files are writable.'

Please help! :(

EDIT:   Nevermind. I got it to install. If this happens to YOU, Follow the intructions in the FAQ and make sure you have a folder in your packages dir called 'temp' and make sure its writable.

That was my problem, I didn't have that temp folder....