TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:46:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 97
  • Total: 97

What Are You Listening To Now?

Started by TolerancE, October 18, 2006, 01:55:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G6Cad

Quote from: ZTN on September 11, 2008, 09:30:18 AM
Metallica - Death Magnetic

Released 2 days early in the UK.

You can read my opinion of the first 4 tracks HERE, user name Zetan (you might need to scroll up a touch). I wrote it quickly after I got in late last night, so there are 2 or 3 typo's I noticed.

I will have a full review either on my site, when it re-opens, or I'll try and get one up on the Archive. My opinion is honest, from the perspective of a collector of heavy metal, rock music.

Loaded that to day, must say im quite impressed, got some "long time ago" memories for some strange reason
Metallica will probably always be one of my fav metal band.

Zetan

Quote from: G6 on September 12, 2008, 04:39:16 PM
Quote from: ZTN on September 11, 2008, 09:30:18 AM
Metallica - Death Magnetic

Released 2 days early in the UK.

You can read my opinion of the first 4 tracks HERE, user name Zetan (you might need to scroll up a touch). I wrote it quickly after I got in late last night, so there are 2 or 3 typo's I noticed.

I will have a full review either on my site, when it re-opens, or I'll try and get one up on the Archive. My opinion is honest, from the perspective of a collector of heavy metal, rock music.

Loaded that to day, must say im quite impressed, got some "long time ago" memories for some strange reason
Metallica will probably always be one of my fav metal band.

Although I'd love for them to bring out a great album.. I think this is utter rubbish though. There is no consistency, no flow.. it's all over the place, the mix is way too hot.

You should see the thread from the post I made.. It got a bit out of hand, I'd be surprised if I'm not banned now. Motleydude decided he wanted to call me out on a one liner I made.
I got home last night and had a bit of a rar off.. hahaha.

Crip

*utter rubblish*  Lmao... UK lingo :P
I have become comfortably numb!

Cripzone | Crip's Free 2.0.2 Themes

G6Cad

A Swedish magazine downrated Metallicas new album to the lowes ever. The paper had an interview commin with metallica and their manager, but after the review written by the mag, Metallica told the paper to go to hell and the interview were called off.

I still think they did good, but then again, i dint have much expectations for the new album, so to me it sounded quite good, and the sound brought me back in time even.

Zetan

Quote from: Crip on September 13, 2008, 11:20:48 AM
*utter rubblish*  Lmao... UK lingo :P

Go read the topic I linked.. it's quite amusing, mind the language  ;)

QuoteA Swedish magazine downrated Metallicas new album to the lowes ever. The paper had an interview commin with metallica and their manager, but after the review written by the mag, Metallica told the paper to go to hell and the interview were called off.

I still think they did good, but then again, i dint have much expectations for the new album, so to me it sounded quite good, and the sound brought me back in time even.

People will still buy it regardless. I'm listening to it again at home for the first time (don't ask me how I'm on here  :buck2: ).
It seems to me that it's just been totally rushed. The mastering is still clipping, and people were mentioning this about the poor quality leak.
I'm listening to the CD on quite a high quality set of speakers. It's not loud, but I can hear that the mix is pushed right to the max amount of headroom that you can get away with. The mixer must have been in the red, or they rendered the final too high.

Crip

I have become comfortably numb!

Cripzone | Crip's Free 2.0.2 Themes

IchBin

Hate to derail this topic anymore lol, but I have to agree ZTN. I listened to the album partly today. The recording doesn't sound so good. In fact, being a drummer myself, the drum track is particularly annoying... Snare drum sounds like a freaking kids toy. Thanks for the review as I was thinking the same thing myself. And good on your for telling Motley off for twisting your words around. haha

Zetan

Quote from: IchBinâ,,¢ on September 14, 2008, 06:11:08 AM
Hate to derail this topic anymore lol, but I have to agree ZTN. I listened to the album partly today. The recording doesn't sound so good. In fact, being a drummer myself, the drum track is particularly annoying... Snare drum sounds like a freaking kids toy. Thanks for the review as I was thinking the same thing myself. And good on your for telling Motley off for twisting your words around. haha

I'm thinking I should have kept my cool, it looks childish swearing to prove a point in an open forum. I'm seeing Metallica tonight, should be interesting. I've tried to like the album and while I can usually put up with most things in music. I cannot get into it on any level, I tried again yesterday. Track 2 was all I managed then put on Exodus to cleanse my ears. The drumming is really bad, the mix is bad, James can't muster a crunch to his vocals anymore. I could put up with most of it if I could sense some purpose, a direction, flow... Something.

On a different note, now playing:

Epica - Consign to Oblivion

This is Symphonic Metal. This particular album focuses around the Mayan culture, released in 2005. You could put this band in the same vein as After Forever, Kamelot and Nightwish. Roy Khan, vocalist in Kamelot features in a duet on the track, Trois Viergre, which was written for the film, Joyride. The DigiPack I have comes with a Documentry DVD.. which I'm about to watch.

The album features guest appearances on all tracks from the EPICA Orchestra and the EPICA Choir.

Theres a few reviews at Amazon if anybody is interested: http://www.amazon.com/Consign-Oblivion-Epica/dp/B000B5XSTO/ref=tag_dpp_lp_edpp_img_ex

Something a little different to what some may see as a one dimensional genre, Metal.

G6Cad

Nightwish is one record i play a lot here at home, i just love the sound they have  :D
Another band i listen to a lot is Takida, they were visiting our little Ystad in July and i missed to see them live, but reviews from a few friends say that they were awsome even live.

Zetan

Epica - Consigned to Oblivion: Used & New from: $79.99  @ Amazon.

I mean, yeah.. It's ok, good in fact. But it aint worth that. It never cost me that much.. Must be a rare signed platinum edition, numbered 11 or summink   :P