TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:07:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 101
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 73
  • Total: 73

Tiny Portal with smfseo mod.

Started by BFTUK, June 24, 2006, 08:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BFTUK

I've just installed tiny portal on one of my sites and it appears to work well with SMFSEO   :)

The only small problem is the way it creates its own front page (i know you can turn this off but i like this feature).

The problem using this front page causes is it creates the forum 'homepage' URL as:

./index.php?action=forum which is'nt as friendly as the other URL's the mod creates.

Is there anyway i can change this URL in the code to be a little more friendly?

I asked on the SMFSEO.org board and they suggested asking over here.

Is there a way i can put the 'homepage' at the root of my hosting and then it diverts to the forum directory?

As in www.countycricketclubs.co.uk/index.php (Homepage)

forum: www.countycricketclubs.co.uk/forum/

Xarcell

Xarcell

You should talk with the guys to see if they can make it TP friendly. More people might use it. It may be easier on them as well. They could create thier own blocks.

BFTUK

I suggested it over there and they suggested asking over here!  ???

G6Cad

I agree with Xarcell.
After I have read their statmenst about this modification to SMF, it's their job to find a way to get it working with other modifications to SMF as well.
TinyPortal is used by many smf forum user now, so i think a good way is for them to look over their install files and make the changes in there.

Or you can manually add the code in your self by looking at their install file and see what code to change and where.

BFTUK

The smfseo mod is compatible with tiny portal.

The only small problem i have is the way this mod uses:

index.php?action=forum as the forum homepage.

Is there anyway i can make this url a little more search engine friendly?

G6Cad

I have a hard time understand what exactly you are looking for here.
I have a mod called googlebot and spider, I see about 5 and up to 20 spiders crawling my forums every day, And the mod make it possible for me to see where and even what it is reading on my forum and portal.
Even if i dont use "search engine friendly" urls, the spiders from the search engines seem to work just fine anyway. They are really crawling all over the forum and posts in my forum.  ???

BFTUK

Okay i've sorted it now with the help of the kind people at smfseo.org, it involved amending some of Tiny Portals's code & none of the smfseo code though - so i guess i was asking in the right place here!

You can see it in action at:

www.countycricketclubs.co.uk (Portal Homepage)

and

www.countycricketclubs.co.uk/forum/ (Forum Homepage)