TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:54:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 101
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 77
  • Total: 77

Article improvements.

Started by BennyBoy, February 23, 2006, 07:28:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloc

no, it will follow its own course. And yes, these things will be in the next release. Some of them already are at works on this site.

iowamf

I posted in the referenced thread when I was a real noob to SMF/TP and now I'm not so sure enabling comments to the article system is such a good thing.

I was thinking with my BLOG hat on and saw the potential of using the article systems for blog entries. Although I'm sure that potential is there, I'm now thinking (minimalistic) blogging could (should?) be done within the existing SMF system with changes to some sorting algorithms (chronlogical) and theme changes (show N messages more like BoardNews) instead of showing a page full of subjects only like a forum.

Most portals system that try to roll their own BLOG get flamed almost as bad as portal systems that try to roll their own forums.

Stay the course Bloc - do what you think is best for the article system.

badbrains

I agree it would be great if articles had some of the features thats blocks have.   It would be nice if we could limit  the member groups that can see articles.

DanMonroe

Quote from: badbrains on March 17, 2006, 04:41:45 AM
It would be nice if we could limit  the member groups that can see articles.

Yes, please.

anunlike

Quote from: badbrains on March 17, 2006, 04:41:45 AMI agree it would be great if articles had some of the features thats blocks have. It would be nice if we could limit  the member groups that can see articles.

Definitely. :)