TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:40:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 101
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 84
  • Total: 84

Host suggestion

Started by Fredrikstad67, October 16, 2006, 12:33:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fredrikstad67

Wow that would be a dream to be working with ;)
And i think its very nice that a Women is showing us guys that when it comes to the Core you are the one ;) ....smile

I am running on dsl line with 3.5Mbit down and 1.5 up so the bandwith is small but i did run a test against the Sql server and it could take 1000 hits with the current server config so i am very happy with the result. And as i told you befor.. I run this on a old computer with some really poor hardware...

bloc

lol..you know this is a bit weird. You actually have a name that fits me rather well: I was born in Fredrikstad in the year 1967.. ;D Moved from it not more than 10 years ago...

Is that strange or what? 

( Virkelig et pussig sammentreff...)

Fredrikstad67

Well the world is very small ;) So you are from "Plankebyn" can i ask where you are living now? and do you visit Fredrikstad?

Eg snakker ikke sÃÆ'Ã,Â¥ god Norsk for meg blir det litt sÃÆ'Ã,Â¥nn "Svorsk" hehe Men er hyggligt at bo her og jeg stor trives i Fredrkstad :) Er Född 1967 jeg og men jeg er född i Sverige, Karlstad

Crip

I have become comfortably numb!

Cripzone | Crip's Free 2.0.2 Themes

Fredrikstad67

Yes the world is a small place ;)

IchBin

hahahah.... what a crazy world we live in.

bloc

Quote from: Fredrikstad67 on October 16, 2006, 04:11:29 PM
Well the world is very small ;) So you are from "Plankebyn" can i ask where you are living now? and do you visit Fredrikstad?

Eg snakker ikke sÃÆ'Ã,Â¥ god Norsk for meg blir det litt sÃÆ'Ã,Â¥nn "Svorsk" hehe Men er hyggligt at bo her og jeg stor trives i Fredrkstad :) Er Född 1967 jeg og men jeg er född i Sverige, Karlstad

I live in Molde now, and visit "plankeby'n" from time to time. I used to live in the area called Lisleby, just above Lisleby Stadion. :)

Om du ikke har sett det - mitt virkelige navn er BjÃÆ'Ã,¸rn Kristiansen og jeg bodde pÃÆ'Ã,Â¥ Lisleby fra 67 til 99 fÃÆ'Ã,¸r jeg traff ei jente - og flyttet til Molde lol. :) Stortives her oppe, og vil nok ikke flytte med det fÃÆ'Ã,¸rste..selvom Fredrikstad er og blir "byen". :)

Fredrikstad67

Yes thats funny... If any one like they can enter my Test Community and try out my Live Video Feed http://server.seagen.se/community/ scroll down to the menu block with "Live Move" now this is really getting of topic so i will go back to the hosting topic...

As i Started out, you can easy setup your own hosting with a old computer and a good adsl provider... I tested my low 1.5Mbit and did pass with good on 1000 connection and that is really good and you have done a marveles jobb with the code in TinyPortal...

Til dej Björn...

Jag bor på Mineberget bredvid Gamlebyn :)

Men skulle du komma nedöver så hoppas jag du hör av dej hade vart kult att träffa dej och snakka litt.. är imponerad av det du fått til här.. väldigt profft

G6Cad

Haha!! I understand to ;)     :2funny:   We have secrets.... lalalala..
just joking guys ;)

How well will the server run if 50+ members run the video stream at the same time on that server ?
I read a post on Simplemachines about some one that wanted to change host from a shared linux server to a dedicated Windows based server, and the admins there pretty much said DONT !! cause a lot of settings and such had to be done, and that was some thing of a really big headache  ???

IchBin

And here I was thinking it was cool to see you guys talk another language, then you go and rub it in our face!? I see how it is... Don't think that I can't run that through the online translator and get enough info to get you guys in trouble!!! :D