TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:47:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 332
  • Total: 333
  • @rjen

A few questions

Started by [chrisB], January 03, 2023, 09:05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tino

I have changed the block code so the front panel is the same as blocks. That is in this comment https://github.com/Tinyportal/TinyPortal/issues/958#issuecomment-1407431970

It now checks all the groups you are part of to see if you can view the block not just the primary one, this is how I think it should work, as if you are a member of any allowed group you should be able to view it.

@rjen

I see the comment, but not sure where to insert this code tbh...
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

tino

Quote from: @rjen on January 28, 2023, 05:20:01 PM
I see the comment, but not sure where to insert this code tbh...

It's the same as the same function as you had in your earlier comment with changes so it functions the same as the front panel.

@rjen

I was on my phone all day, so could not really check the codes..

I feel we are talking about different things though: I was trying to point out that the Frontpanel code should work like the other blocks, and you proposal is to change the other blocks to follow the front panel...

:hmm:

let me test what you propose first.

tino

Indeed, as I think the front panel is working correctly. The other blocks aren't.

By that I mean if you are a member of a group and that can see the block then you should have access. If that's your primary user group or not doesn't matter.

tino

https://github.com/Tinyportal/TinyPortal/pull/765/files

I broke the two acting the same in this change. My latest one should restore what we had before.

@rjen

Just tested you latest code, but now as an admin I do not see the blocks, even not when I have an additional member group assigned that should see the blocks...

So it seems that when I am admin as primary member group and I set the admin can see all blocks to OFF I will not seen ANY blocks anymore...

tino

Quote from: @rjen on January 28, 2023, 06:31:51 PM
Just tested you latest code, but now as an admin I do not see the blocks, even not when I have an additional member group assigned that should see the blocks...

So it seems that when I am admin as primary member group and I set the admin can see all blocks to OFF I will not seen ANY blocks anymore...

Hmmm, let me check. It was ok for me.

tino

Quote from: tino on January 28, 2023, 06:47:52 PM
Quote from: @rjen on January 28, 2023, 06:31:51 PM

Hmmm, let me check. It was ok for me.

That's not what I am getting. I have admin see all blocks set to off and display settings set to ungrouped and I can see them, if I uncheck ungrouped, I can't.

[chrisB]

Will a fix be able to be patched to TP 2.2.2? 😇

You all do a great job with TinyPortal. If you ever need help finding bugs, I'm happy to help and have worked with IPS Devs before the release apps/plugins.