TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:40:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 203
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 96
  • Total: 96

TP Promotion and Bugtracker

Started by brianjw, February 13, 2007, 03:33:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brianjw

I think TinyPortal should expand big meaning more than smf :buck2: lol
They should make the same portal system for PHP-Nuke on that TP would overwrite the blocks it already has so TP can be an easier way for editing things :) maybe even vBulletin so aku can join us :D

I think Bloc maybe should post a version of the bugtracker because i would be interested in using it. I am thinking about starting to make mods and people can post bugs about my website. And i can go in and close, etc and put a little reply to it. That would be awesome :) that could be implemented on TP10 maybe or maybe can just be an addon. If you do not wish to give this out free, I will pay ;)

Brianjw

Thurnok

PHP Nuke is a CMS.  TinyPortal is a Portal that integrates with a Forum (Namely SMF), to give it "like" CMS capabilities.  Putting TP on top of any CMS makes no sense, and would be counter productive.

Putting TP on top of other Forum software would be a large task that currently, there would be a lack of time and manpower to do and still maintain the quality of TP on SMF.  TP is a mod for SMF and therefore is completely intertwined in SMF existing code, so to put TP on phpBB or vB for example, would literally be a 90% rewrite.

Better to make TP the best it can be for SMF than to fiddle with trying to conquer the world with far too few troops.  ;)

brianjw

Quote from: Thurnok on February 13, 2007, 03:40:25 AM
PHP Nuke is a CMS.  TinyPortal is a Portal that integrates with a Forum (Namely SMF), to give it "like" CMS capabilities.  Putting TP on top of any CMS makes no sense, and would be counter productive.

Putting TP on top of other Forum software would be a large task that currently, there would be a lack of time and manpower to do and still maintain the quality of TP on SMF.  TP is a mod for SMF and therefore is completely intertwined in SMF existing code, so to put TP on phpBB or vB for example, would literally be a 90% rewrite.

Better to make TP the best it can be for SMF than to fiddle with trying to conquer the world with far too few troops.  ;)
I understand :)

Quote from: brianjw on February 13, 2007, 03:33:11 AM
I think Bloc maybe should post a version of the bugtracker because i would be interested in using it. I am thinking about starting to make mods and people can post bugs about my website. And i can go in and close, etc and put a little reply to it. That would be awesome :) that could be implemented on TP10 maybe or maybe can just be an addon. If you do not wish to give this out free, I will pay ;)
What about the bugtracker idea :) ? ???

Thurnok

That is something that Bloc would have to comment on.