TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:07:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,105
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 310
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 294
  • Total: 295
  • lurkalot

Installing TP cannot find clear step-by-step instruction on how to get it work

Started by Romuba, November 01, 2007, 07:43:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IchBin

Are the files actually there? In the Themes directory, do you have a folder for each theme, and the template files/images in those folders?

Romuba

What I did was the following:

Under Manage and Install I scrolled down and under Install and New Theme I browsed for the them I had downloaded to my computer, selected it and clicked on Upload button. I was then told that the theme had been successfully installed. If I now click on the Overall forum default button I get a dropdown list with all the themes I added as will as the three that install automatically when SMF is installed.

I have just checked on the server, and see that the theme folder is there but no files in it. Can I just unzip the file and upload the contents to the folder with that name on the server?

G6Cad

It should work  yes.

Im always installing my themes manually, if the server have permission issues with the package manager, it will have the same with the themes and layou manager to.

Romuba

I have now sent a support ticket to my hosting company asking why the permissions cannot be changed to allow me to write to these directories. I am in South Africa and they are in the USA which means they are about 7 hours behind me time-wise. I will have to wait a while before I can expect an answer.