TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:44:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 99
  • Total: 99

Symantec Alerts Block

Started by MetalHellsangel, February 23, 2006, 08:01:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalHellsangel

This block  is actully THIS... in php code you can just past it into a php block

Download & Support Here

technodragon73

That is a really useful script!  I have added to the arsenal of blocks in my forum (I have a few blocks I rotate through to give variety to my members)

G6Cad

useful yes, but very long and a lot of unused space between the lines.
Is there anyway to handle the spacing between the lines and the background colour ?

technodragon73

unforunately none that i can think of as the script is called from symantec and the styling is done from that...unless you can get symantec to give you access to the javascript files to edit them...lol

G6Cad

Strange that the box doesent look like that at there homepage, there itÂÃ,´s nice and neet, but when i copy the code into my page, it looks really bad.
Found out about change the colours though, the generator they have allowes you to change some things, not the text padding though.

MetalHellsangel

I think for light colored sites it might not be such a bad looking block (I have it on my site and it looks fine), I didn't think about how it might look in dark colored sites. I simply got the idea from an old phpnuke block i used to use. they had mangaged to allow it to be skinned using the nuke's theme but since I'm not very good at doing anything more with php then turning HTML into it and maybe a newbie script here and there I really don't have what it takes to take on porting the entire block into an tp block.. Here's the block, if anyone wants to look into make this more for tp then phpnuke.