TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:45:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,105
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 243
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 272
  • Total: 272

0.9.8.3 Uploads just fine, but will not install

Started by rebelminion, March 22, 2007, 02:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G6Cad

It's just facing the facts that some sites wont work using the package manager for tinyportal.

If thats the case, you need to do it manually.

rebelminion

Thought I would give you all an update.

Tinyportal was able to install today. Whatever was preventing it from installing before, clearly has *something* to do with my host.

The reason I say this is that all I did was wait 24 hours, then click apply mod again. This time, it installed without a hitch.

It did the same on all three of the sites I manage on that particular host.

If I get a definitive answer on this from my host, I will let you wall know. However, this is not the first time that something which refused to work, worked correctly after letting a night pass.

R

G6Cad

Another happy customer :)

I will set this topic to solved, and if you get the answer from your host, please post their response to you here :)

officerhoffman

I'm also Having this same issue, I've installed it in the past.. to try it out to see if I wanted to switch from PHPBB

I used SMF 1.1 RC3 & TinyPortal v0.9.6beta with no problems. .
I got some time to finaly sit down and convert ovre to SMF, and I'm having this same issue.

Odd. . .

I'm goin' to try the Manual install and I'll let you all know how that turns out.

G6Cad

officerhoffman

You did see the topic solved icon ?

Start your own thread when you see that icon in any topic, we cant sort things out here if our members keep posting in them.

officerhoffman

yeah thats kinda dumb huh, Why would I start another thread to junk up this forum when there is one that is already discussing the topic/problem that I'm looking into. It made sense to me to continue in the same thread.

G6Cad

Actally we have about 100 thread that cover your problem, so a search would have made so you didnt even have to post at all ;)