TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:04:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 268
  • Total: 269
  • lurkalot

Permisions for post count based groups?

Started by pulgoki, December 10, 2021, 05:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pulgoki

I'm not seeing permission to access the blocks for post based groups.

There is a permission set for ungrouped members. I'm not sure what that's for?

My site is based on post count and I have no way of giving them access to the blocks that I can easily find.  Any help would be appreciated. 

@rjen

Block permissions cannot be granted on post-count groups, sorry that is just not part of the functionality...
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

pulgoki

Is there a way to grant regular members access since that is a default group?  Guests have access but Noone else. That seems weird

@rjen

Just to be sure: what exactly do you want to do?

Do you want 'regular members' to SEE the blocks, or to be able to EDIT the blocks?

The permission to SEE a block is set in the block itself: for regular members you would need to grant access to 'Ungrouped members'

If you want to allow them to EDIT the blocks I would seriously advise against it, because you will give everyone access to all blocks, including PHP blocks, which is a security risk and you give members options to crash the forum when they use incorrect php codes...

This is a setting in the general permissions...

pulgoki

I just want them to be able to see the blocks. I have the ungrouped selected to view. 

I'm using smf 2.1 and installed a different plug in today so it may have booked permissions. I'll reinstall the portal in a bit and report back.

I'm sure that this is a me thing. I'm trying to get to the bottom of it.

@rjen

Please check the setting: Language visibility for blocks. If that is set, blocks will only show to user if they are using the selected language(s) in the block. If no languages are selected the blocks will not show to regular users...

Switch the setting Language visbility for blocks OFF en try again..

pulgoki

I got it figured out.  It was me being dumb. 

My site is just a test site right now. I have a few users that I've created to test permissions.  I was testing with a user that I had stuck in a different group to test that groups permissions and forgot that I had. 

Once I stuck the user in that group it was no longer an 'ungrouped member' and so the portal disappeared. :D 

Glad I got this figured out. Sorry for being a nuisance.