TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 08:20:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,161
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 106
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 72
  • Total: 72

Tiny Portal for SMF 1.1.2 ( NOT 1.1.1 -> 1.1.2 upgrade )

Started by adammundy, March 08, 2007, 11:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adammundy

This error has only started to occur in the last few days.. for me at least

Up until last week Ive been successfully installing SMF1.1.1 and upgrading to 1.1.2 using the upgade link in the admin section and then installing TP 0.9.71 (from this link TP 0.9.7.1 for SMF 1.1.2 ) without any errors.

However my host Siteground has just updated its default SMF install package to SMF 1.1.2 and now i am getting errors when trying to install TP.

The package manager says it has applied and installed the mod without any errors and TP does appear to be installed however a number of things arent working correctly.

The forum link in the main menu is not visible
The user block  only displays logged in user name followed by empty bullets where the links to PM, Show Unread, Show Replies, Show own posts and Time logged in should appear.
The sitemap block is showing the bullet for Downloads but not showing the test link for downloads.
The Permissions block is just showing the tools icon and bullets but not showing links to the permissions i should be seeing as an administrator.
(See Screenshot 1.jpg)

The SMF admin menu is displaying the TP block but not showing links to the expected admin tools for TP
(See Screenshot 2.jpg)

The Permissions page of SMF admin has made the room and tickboxes for Tinyportal permission however there are no text links references as to what permissions are.
(See Screenshot 3.jpg)

I am currently awaiting answers from siteground as to whether they have a fault with their SMF 1.1.2 package but I figured I'd also let you know here just in case it was a TP package error.

My Website url for this test install is http://www.stroudfc.co.uk/pvtrailers

Ive created a login account as described in the FAQ if you need to test this for your selves.

Any ideas

IchBin

schurricaneinfo

I have upgraded to SMF 1.1.2. I am now trying to install TP through the Package Manager. Below is the only error I'm getting. I also downloaded the version of TP from the link mentioned in the post above. Help....

Execute Modification ./Themes/default/index.template.php Test failed

IchBin

This is probably because you have installed other mods. You'll either need to uninstall the other mods to get this to work and then try to reinstall the old mods afterwards. If not, you'll need to add the code to the index.template.php file manually..

G6Cad

Add the code manually to your index.template.php

http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=7884

Follow the steps and copy and paste (yes it's fr rc3, but it's the same now)

And first post and not used the search, shame on you ;)

khoking

I just did a fresh install of SMF1.1.2 on my new site, without any mod, and installed TP 0.9.7. I have the exact same problem as adammundy.

There is no mod installed, fresh SMF. What is the problem?

my site is at: www.smfonline.net

G6Cad

The problem is that you probably are using the utf8 language on your forum ?

If thats the case, the language will not be fetched correct, and the text will be missing all over the forum.

In the download section, you have the utf8 language package for TP V.097*, download it, extract the files on your local machine.
Then upload the files to /themes/Default/languages/ place the files here
Refresh and see if it works :)

Look at the forum http://www.smfonline.net/index.php?action=forum

khoking

Thanks G6â„¢! It works fine now!

I didn't know I installed different English language file, as I installed using Cpanel and select English language there.

Thanks again! Great support from TP!

G6Cad