TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:21:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 77
  • Total: 77

Basic Install Guide[old]

Started by IchBin, October 31, 2005, 10:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunwest

Thanks for that info, IchBin.  My Epsilon theme is now up and running.

DrakeBrimstone

I keep getting the following error when attempting to install the pacakge

2: copy(e:\Inetpub\wwwroot\forums/Themes/default/images/divider.gif) [<a href='function.copy'>function.copy</a>]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
File: e:\Inetpub\wwwroot\forums\Sources\Subs-Package.php
Line: 961

I'm of course running WinXP Pro with IIS, MySQL, PHP and SMF installed Iv'e done everyting I could to give full permissions, the FTP program I downloaded wont' even let me change permissions (option is grayed out) I'm wondering if I'm going to have to manualy install (that would suck)

How can I get it installed if it won't even let me copy the files!

G6Cad

Why dont you try to use another ftp program ?

One good i tryed out lasst night was the FileZilla.
If you do a google on it, you find it for download and itÂÃ,´s free.

DrakeBrimstone

Actualy, I checked further, for some reason my server doesn't support changing permissions. Accessing it via the browser ftp:// method and rightclicking and selecting properties of anyting reveals this.

Still, I use windows to set the permissions for every uesr and group to have permissions that i can think of, I use IIS to set the read write and script / executable permissions (though the executable permission I only set while i was attempting it, dangours thing.) NOTHING is working.

.... Update I just looked through the permissions for my FTP site, and all I had to do was set it up to be viewed in UNIX style to set permissions, though it looked as though it was already set to 777 going to try installing now

.... Nope, all permissions are set ot 777 and I still can't do it, same error apparently this is not a server permissions problem it's got to be some other permissions.

Is there anything in PHP I might need to change the settings for? Could this be a PHP permissions error?

bloc

Might be the mod-security module - if you have that installed.

But if all fails, a manual install is an option. Harder, but it should be possible.

DrakeBrimstone

Only mod I have installed in SMF is "MySQL 5.0.12 Compatibility Update"

Looks like I have to do it the long way, is there a guide to do it the long way?

DrakeBrimstone

Ok,I'm an idiot, I had version 1.0.6 not RC2 installed that was the entire problem.

G6Cad

Thats one of the best reasons to apply a link to the site asked about ;)
If a link had been aplyed to the post, that have saved you a lot of time  :2funny:

DrakeBrimstone

Well, I screwed something else up now so it wouldn't help atm. (Was asking me for my windows username and password to access the site!) Now that i got that fixed the forum is broken... Guess I'll wipe it and reinstall fresh. At least now I know what I was doing wrong.