TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:38:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 175
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 168
  • Total: 168

Elkarte TinyPortal Testing

Started by tino, January 05, 2021, 01:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tino

RC2 or RC3?

It's TPSubs::getInstance()->preBBCBox or something like that now.

lurkalot

Also noticed it defaults to "Use frame style, but not title style" when you create a new block, is this by design?

tino

Quote from: lurkalot on March 14, 2021, 06:56:55 PM
Also noticed it defaults to "Use frame style, but not title style" when you create a new block, is this by design?

No that's a change I've not looked in to.

lurkalot

Quote from: tino on March 14, 2021, 06:56:35 PM
RC2 or RC3?

It's TPSubs::getInstance()->preBBCBox or something like that now.

Says it's RC2 from the download link on ElkArte website.

tino

Thanks, it's an issue in both, although I'll add it to the fix list for RC3

McFly

A nice piece of work.  O0

I have made a little bit of an actual translation into German (formal). I found quite a few reduntante entries. Is this art or can it be removed?  ;)

What about further development? RC3?
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance."

Testsites (may be online or not ;-) )
ElkArte 1.1.x & TP on Apache2.4.48, PHP 8.1.2 FPM/FastCGI, MariaDB 10.5.12

tino

Thanks for that.

My life got very hectic and I've not had a chance to really extend it much. There is a version on GitHub which is very much in testing (and has bugs, and unfinished code) which will become RC3. Most bugs from RC2 that I know of were rectified.

McFly

Thank you for the prompt reply. Have the translation gladly made as a small contribution by me. Would like to deliver the package installable via the package manager. Question about this: Do the files have to be written in "/TinyPortal/Views/languages/german-formal"? Or is the default path of ElkArte fine, too?

I also noticed two errors already. However, with one of them I don't know if it is possibly due to the server. Link to the test installation in the signature.

First (TP credit link):
Exception: Call to undefined function TinyPortal\Controller\tp_hidebars()

... /index.php?action=tportal;sa=credits
... /TinyPortal/Controller/Portal.php
line=1365

Second (link to the list of "articles in category" below an article):
Warning: Undefined array key "email_address"

... /index.php?cat=2
... /sources/Load.php
line=2717

Life usually gets hectic when you have plans. Unfortunately, mostly also in the opposite direction.  ;)
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance."

Testsites (may be online or not ;-) )
ElkArte 1.1.x & TP on Apache2.4.48, PHP 8.1.2 FPM/FastCGI, MariaDB 10.5.12

tino

Thanks for those, do you mind trying the development version on GitHub? https://github.com/tinoest/ElkTinyPortal/tree/development

I recall fixing the tp_hidebars in there. Not sure on the other one. I've not made a commit since May, I have a few to push I think. I'll try and look at those tomorrow, usual warnings apply in that it's testing and buggy.

The language pack, I would like inside TinyPortal namespace but I might need to make changes to get that to work. It should in theory work in either. If it doesn't let me know and I'll correct the broken code. In essence put it where you feel it's most appropriate and I'll fix it to work if it's broken.

tino

I just pushed some fixes for the issue you raised for categories, also the language loading so it can be in either place.