TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 05:00:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,158
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 85
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 85
  • Total: 86
  • @rjen

How to create a frontpage that is only seen when outside link is clicked

Started by Replayuk, June 05, 2020, 11:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replayuk

What we are after doing is when the outside link is clicked, it opened up say a block that has the html code inside it, and will only be displayed when the link is clicked, is this possible to do with tinyportal.

Cheers

lurkalot

You could use a Html article perhaps.

What would you want to display in that bock exactly?

Replayuk

We are adding a Html basic news screen so from the main frontpage when the news link is clicked it opens up a new screen with new to whats coming soon to the board screen.

So yes a basic Html screen would be great, So i would create a block for front page and add the html code into that and make it so its not an active block, so when the link is clicked it jumps to the block and displays the screen, that would work i guess.

Cheers

lurkalot

When you say screen, I'm assuming you mean page. 

Therefore yes creating an article and linking to it from Home page or main menu will do that job nicely.  Depending what sort of content you want to put in the news page would determine if you need to create a html article, or a bbc article.

Replayuk

:hmm:  I`ve just tried creating an artical and in the +html i`ve added my html code and it only seems to like text, it will not execute normal HTML code it will only display its content, and not run the code i`ve put in the box.   :hmm: :hmm:

lurkalot

Quote from: Replayuk on June 06, 2020, 06:35:55 PM
:hmm:  I`ve just tried creating an artical and in the +html i`ve added my html code and it only seems to like text, it will not execute normal HTML code it will only display its content, and not run the code i`ve put in the box.   :hmm: :hmm:

So what are you trying to run in the html article?

Replayuk

This code so i can link it from the home page and display as a normal page.

Replayuk

If you run the code in a normal Html editor it displays just fine, When you try to run the code in the artical page it just shows the text.

lurkalot

Quote from: Replayuk on June 06, 2020, 06:46:41 PM
If you run the code in a normal Html editor it displays just fine, When you try to run the code in the artical page it just shows the text.

Did you create a HTML type article?

Give me a sample of the code so we can try it.  Please place it between code tags, and if it's private stuff do the same via PM

Replayuk