TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:47:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 94
  • Total: 94

550 /buyandSell: No such file or directory ?

Started by webgurl123, August 01, 2007, 07:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IchBin

Make sure your package directory is 777 or 755 at least. Then create a directory named temp inside that directory. Chmod it to 777 as well. Then upload/install TP and see if it works (providing the ftp info if required to again). If this doesn't work you'll have to try the manual install. In the docs board there is a guide for that so you can follow it.

webgurl123

i got it to upload and everything but now the screen is blank when I click install.

webgurl123

An Error Has Occurred!
You cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable!

I have deleted the package from my server and re installed it, now I get this error.  Everything is 777?  What the heck am I doing wrong here? 

IchBin

Quote from: IchBinâ„¢ on August 01, 2007, 08:37:23 PM
If this doesn't work you'll have to try the manual install. In the docs board there is a guide for that so you can follow it.

Because of the way your server is setup you probably cannot install some mods if not most mods.

webgurl123

So I have another quick question.  When I am in the admin panel for TP, some of the images for edit and such are not showing up.  Would that be something in the PHP that I coded wrong when I did the manual install? Or do I need to put those images somewhere lese in the server? Can I get the categories for the forum to appear on the left hand side?

IchBin

Please if you don't have the images then you need to upload them to your theme. As for the category I don't know what you're talking about.

webgurl123

I think I have it figured out as why the images are not working.  I am wondering if the categories that I create for the forum can be put in block on the left hand side so they are always visible to the user.  Say if they are in a board and want to jump to another, there is a nav bar with all the boards on the forum on the left hand side.

Here is an example of what I am taking about;

http://forums.psppetawawa.com/forum/

once you are in the boards, the nav bar appears.

BTY: I appreciate your help today.  I was on the verge of having a small nervous break down.

IchBin

I guess you have to be logged in to see what you're talking about?

webgurl123

I don't believe you do as I have never logged in.  Are you not seeing the nav bar for all the forum categories on the left of the boards?  You have to go into one of the catergories to see that block.

G6Cad

Cant even see that it's an SMF forum as the copywrite isn't there at all. (from the link posted)
What forum software is it, and what theme is used there ? Doesent recognize it at all.