TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:23:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 266
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 152
  • Total: 152

550 /buyandSell: No such file or directory ?

Started by webgurl123, August 01, 2007, 07:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

webgurl123

Hi All,

I have SMF Version 1.1.3 running and fully functional.  My client would like a little more flexibility in the forum so I did the research and was pointed to Tiny Portal.

I have downloaded TP_0983.zip and attempted to install it using the package manger like the docs have instructed.

When I apply mod I get this 550 /buyandSell: No such file or directory ?

I have set EVERYTHING in the SMF folder to 777 and still nothing.  What am I doing wrong?  I know there is a ton of info on this support forum but I can't seem to get anything to work.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ken.

Hi webgurl123, could you post the full error message please.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

webgurl123

Holy, What a quick response!  Thank you so much!
Here is what I get:

Some of the files the package manager needs to modify are not writable. This needs to be changed by logging into FTP and using it to chmod or create the files and folders. Your FTP information may be temporarily cached for proper operation of the package manager.
550 /buyandSell: No such file or directory

Ken.

Quote from: webgurl123 on August 01, 2007, 07:34:33 PM
Holy, What a quick response!  Thank you so much!

We try.  :coolsmiley:

OK the error message is saying the the required files are not writable, so we need to make them so that they are as a first step. On some server setups you need 755 instead of 777, so if you've not tried that setting yet please do so now in order to eliminate that question.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

webgurl123

does every single SMF file need to be 755'd or just the folders?

webgurl123

ok i have tried the 755 and it still is coming up with the same error message.

Ken.

No, only the files and folders that are involved in this install, for a first test just do those plus the TinyPortal package see what that gives you.

In rereading your posts I'm trying to figure out what the "buyandSell" entry is... do you already have other mods installed to the forum?

webgurl123

I have a SMF forum installed in that folder on my host server.  We are testing it before we move it over to the clients site.

so the url to the smf forum is www.chelldesigns.com/buyandSell

IchBin

Sometimes SMF cannot detect the proper path for the ftp information. Keep trying the ftp setup with a different path.

Try the following.
./buyandsell
./
/home/username/www/buyandsell (this is the full path and usually uses your username)

If that doesn't work I would suggest chmod'ing all your files to 777 until the install is done. Then you can chmod them back if you wish.

webgurl123

Ok I used the path ./ and it seemd to change something.  But now when I try to upload the zip file, it says:

The package you tried to upload either is not a valid package or has become corrupted.

Now What?