TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:49:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 327
  • Total: 328
  • @rjen

Tiny Portal install Fatal error..!!

Started by EasyRider, March 14, 2009, 11:37:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EasyRider

About the permissions, as i was wrote the server is dedicated and access it through  Remote desktop panel  and plesk panel..  :-\  (Windows..  :()

EDIT: Sorry for the edit, I hit the wrong button... the correct message follows on after this... Ken.
SMF  1.1.11 / TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 /default theme

Ken.

Quote from: EasyRider on March 17, 2009, 11:52:59 AM
About the permissions, as i was wrote the server is dedicated and access it through  Remote desktop panel  and plesk panel..  :-\  (Windows..  :()

EDIT: Sorry for the edit, I hit the wrong button... the correct message follows on after this... Ken.

Someone with server experience may have a different answer, but AFAIK that should not make any difference. The hosting company should be able to assign ownership of the files to you so that you can make edits and install/delete files to your site.

As it happens my file ownership on my site has gone away while we've been working this thread, so now I must send a note to my host and ask him to run the code routine on the server that will reassign those rights to me. You may need to do that same with the person/people who run your server.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

EasyRider

Hey Ken, i admin the server  through  Remote desktop panel  ( root access)
Is possible to change some permissions there for files or directories to avoid the manual install..?

(because i don't  understand very well  some part's of the steps in "manual install how to"..   :-\)

EasyRider

Also i thing about to do the manual install in the ofline copy of forum first (XAMPP) and if everything gone well i try the same steps in the online..  ???

EasyRider

Take a look how is the permissions in the new "temp" file.

IchBin

777 in numerical value, and click ok.

EasyRider

Ok, i try this.. thank you IchBin  :)  :up:

EasyRider

I just try this..  :-\

IchBin

You may need to do that command as root if it does not work.

EasyRider

As root, in properties > security  is about 6 users (include SYSTEM)..  :-\ who is the right  user to give them  the necessary permissions..?  :-\  this is the bigger problem..  :-\ :-\ :-\