TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:25:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,105
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 310
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 307
  • Total: 307

Modules, do they work?

Started by tino, May 20, 2018, 05:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tino

Do they actually work still?

The documentation site seems to point you towards a menu which doesnt seem to exist any more

lurkalot

Quote from: tino on May 20, 2018, 05:53:01 PM
Do they actually work still?

The documentation site seems to point you towards a menu which doesnt seem to exist any more

tino, I think you'll find a lot of copy and paste has gone on over there tbh, quite a lot needs updating to reflect the changes for the current versions.

tino

I guessed as much, it was more do we have a working example TPmodule anywhere? I can see the downloads and shoutbox were meant to be modules but they have long since been integrated into the code base in various places so aren't what I would call modules anymore!

lurkalot

Not that I know of tino. Sorry.

Loads of stuff got lost when the site went down a few years ago, can't remember when or what happened exactly.  I suspect if there was any it was before that time.

lurkalot

Quote from: tino on May 20, 2018, 07:07:23 PM
I guessed as much, it was more do we have a working example TPmodule anywhere? I can see the downloads and shoutbox were meant to be modules but they have long since been integrated into the code base in various places so aren't what I would call modules anymore!

I think there was plans to have a gallery module, and perhaps a blog, but can't say I ever saw them.  Only bloc would know the story on modules, but I haven't seen him pop in here for some time.

tino

I tried the TPReviews module in modules section but its a incomplete zip archive, same as the other packages in that section.

I guess no one else has a copy installed somewhere other than here?

lurkalot

Quote from: tino on May 20, 2018, 07:37:45 PM
I tried the TPReviews module in modules section but its a incomplete zip archive, same as the other packages in that section.

I guess no one else has a copy installed somewhere other than here?

That would be a really useful mod if it worked, Dragoon is a pretty decent coder, and still over at SMF I think..   The modules started to become extinct around TP v0.9.8 by the looks of it.

tino

Ok well hopefully someone has a old one somewhere ;)

Ken.

About the TPReviews module: 
I tried to get the module updated some time back, but Dragooon was busy with SMF stuff and was unable to work on the reviews module. It was a great tool for my site and there were/are lots of review articles on my install, but they can't display without an update to the code. There may be a copy of the zip in my files and I will take a look and post the package if one is found.
illori may have some insight on what Dragooon is currently doing over on SMF, she helped me with the issue when I was trying to contact Dragooon before.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

Ken.

This is the newest copy (7/26/15) that was in my files... there is an older version (02/27/14) if you need it.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.