TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:57:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 174
  • Total: 174

Chat statistics disappeared

Started by kira, May 24, 2005, 09:37:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightOwl

Quote from: kira on May 25, 2005, 01:27:34 AM
Hmmm...the main index page is suddenly loading very slowly. I don't suppose you have any idea why?

It was those 2 javascripts use by the chat mod cause those timeout lags. I think you need to comment out that chat status in board.index.php before the chat provider fix that.

This is the problem of Chat mod.

Kindred

to be more specific... (and this has been commented on at the SMF site, too)

everywherechat.com moved servers a day or two ago now. The new server has a different IP address and the new address has not yet propogated through the DNS servers. So, when your site uses those javascripts to request information from the everywhere.com server, it finda a null IP address. It continues to try and get information from NULL until it eventuially times out (30-60 seconds, usually)
This causes a lag on the display of any page that calls those javascripts (for most people, just boardindex.template.php.

According to the owner of everywherechat.com, the server is moved and the DNS is propogating. It should be resolved in 48-72 hours from noon on 5/25.
In the mean time, either comment out the chat status lines or put up with the lag.

kira

Yeah, I finally figured out the problem was with the chat server. Now it's working properly, so I am very happy!