TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 05:47:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,158
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 106
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 91
  • Total: 92
  • @rjen

[Comment] I really love TP .95!

Started by JPDeni, September 22, 2006, 06:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thurnok

TP is absolutely the best mod SMF has, no question.  But Crip, you don't use any other SMF mods at all?  hehe

I have a few, probably less than most, but a few that I almost think are necessities (or that should have been part of SMF):
- The SMF User Email mod: prevent bots from collecting email addresses, allow members to email other members but never know their email address, etc.
- Custom Profile mod: allow you to add any profile fields you like - great for gaming guild sites (ex: Character Name, Game Server Name, etc.)
- Custom Action mod: Great for simply creating your own custom actions.

I have a few others on some sites (mostly BBC addons), oh, and the new SMF Gallery mod is pretty sweet, Bloc's Gallery notwithstanding, SMF Gallery is a sweet alternative while waiting for TP's own gallery system.  :)

But, by far, TP is the best, most useful, most capable mod ever built for SMF.

stormlrd

You know I use to use other mods like Grudges Ultimate shoutbox but now I only use TP and plan to develop my mods to work with it. The MP3 player is my mod purchased and modified but Ive got future plans for my own

Xarcell

I think the route you took on TP being a mod of SMF is better than making SMF a plugin to a CMS. I really think you started something Bloc...

stormlrd

I agree X, everytime I think about the potential here i rub my hands together lol.