TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:46:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 96
  • Total: 96

A few errors

Started by DAD, April 11, 2010, 01:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZarPrime

Dad,

Search "tp-showlatest" (3 hits in 3 files)
  \common\Themes\default\languages\TPShout.english.php (1 hits)
   Line 32: $txt['tp-showlatest'] = 'Show 50 latest';
  \SMF1\Themes\default\TPShout.template.php (1 hits)
   Line 240:       
<a href="' , $scripturl , '?action=tpmod;shout=show50">' . $txt['tp-showlatest'] . '</a>
  \SMF2RC2\Themes\default\TPShout.template.php (1 hits)
   Line 240:       
<a href="' , $scripturl , '?action=tpmod;shout=show50">' . $txt['tp-showlatest'] . '</a>

According to this, there are only 2 locations where this themestring should be in your install ...

in /Themes/default/languages/TPShout.english.php
Line 32: $txt['tp-showlatest'] = 'Show 50 latest';

and ...
in /Themes/default/TPShout.template.php
Line 240: <br /><a href="' , $scripturl , '?action=tpmod;shout=show50">' . $txt['tp-showlatest'] . '</a>

Check both of those locations to be sure that those lines exist.  If they are there, please "disable eval", save, and check to see if the error changed.  To disable eval in SMF 2.0 RC3, go to Admin --> Configuration --> Settings (General) --> Disable evaluation of templates (tick checkbox).

ZarPrime

DAD

Thanks ZarPrime, I'll give that a go :)

DAD

OK with your help I'm nearly there - just a couple of things really.  I'm still getting a few errors but nothing on the scale I had before - I'll post them later, they're mostly to do with template issues when guests are browsing.

One thing which is nagging me is how come I get a 'Â' sign before every Ã,£ sign - its showing up as 'ÂÃ,£' on all posts?

Thanks for your continued support :)

ZarPrime

Well, for the most part, when you see an error that involves a "Guest", a lot of those involve an internet bot, like a Google Spider or something, trying to do something like print a page that doesn't exist or something like that.  Also, errors with guests could be some bot trying to find a way to hack your site.  For the most part, these are harmless.

As far as the 'Â' sign in posts, that sounds like it might be a question to ask about on SMF.

ZarPrime

DAD

OK cheers

Anyway I'll stick a post up on the SMF forum sometime and see if I can resolve the small issue with the 'Â' sign.  After the problems I've had over the last few days this is nothing really lol

Thanks ZarPrime :)

ZarPrime

Dad,

OK, for now then, we'll go ahead and mark this topic solved. O0

ZarPrime