TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:42:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 100
  • Total: 100

internal server error.. HELP!

Started by dalsibai, April 18, 2010, 12:01:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dalsibai

Hi

I am trying to install tinyportal 1.0 b5-1
my smf version is 1.1.11

after i installed the package a prompt window came up and said installed or upgraded ( don't remember ) then when i tried to go somewhere else there was an http 500 internal server error.. now i can't  even log in or do anything.. every page is showing internal server error

so what is the problem? can you help me please?

thank you

www.lakuma2.com

Xarcell

Try downloading the repair settings and FTP to your forum root. Then visit that file via URL in your browser. You can download the repair settings here: http://download.simplemachines.org/?tools

dalsibai

ok i'll try it

thank you

Skhilled

Check your file and directory permissions. Also, were you using the default theme when this happened?

dalsibai

ok i tried it but still the same nothing happened..

Skhilled what are the permissions should i have? 777?

no i wasn't using the default theme

thank you

Skhilled

You'll have to ask your hosting what the permissions should be. Only they would know. You'll need to know the files and directory permissions because they could be different.

Might be a theme issue. You should always install mods while using the default theme. Mods are coded to specifically use it. Other themes may or may not work with the mod you are installing. The more I think about it probably is a theme issue.

You have 2 options if the permissions are correct:

1.  Manually check all of the TP code to make sure it has been installed properly.

2.  How many mods do you have on your site? If you do not mind reinstalling them you just upload all new smf files which will overwrite them and you'll get your site back.

dalsibai

ok, a question before i proceed...
i have installed the package as it is, when i unzipped it i noticed 4 folders ( SMF2RC3, SMF2RC2, SMF1, common )
i am using smf1.1.11
is there a problem that i installed all the package?

Skhilled

It will install the correct one for you. There are issues with 1.1.x so if you see any errors in your log or onscreen please report them. :)

bloc

Beware also, when you manually upload files on a SMF 1.1.11 you should go into "common" folder in the package and copy all folders+files there directly into the forum folder on your sever. NOT the actual "common" folder though. Then you need to do the same with the "SMF1" folder.

Its made this way so package manager can use the same package for all versions of SMF.

Skhilled

Thanks for the info, Bloc. I didn't know this until now. Might solve some of the issues I'm having. :)