TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:27:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online

Log-Out issues, WorkDesk3

Started by Ken., January 27, 2016, 05:20:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken.

SMF 2.0.11
TinyPortal 1.2
Theme = WorkDesk3
Our FamilyForum

Members (all) are not able to log-out from the forum in this theme, members are able to log-out when using the SMF Default theme.
Has there been an issue reported on this problem?

Thanks... Ken.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

Ken.

Just tried this theme on my test site and the log-out function works as it's supposed to, so there's some kind of conflict in my mods/themes or whatever that's causing the issue on my site.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

illori

your link to log out is missing the session id

http://www.ourfamilyforum.org/FamilyForum/index.php?action=logout

http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?action=logout;a481ba5c90c=d99a3bf34ff00c9ea306e3813b2184d1

you have a link to where you downloaded the theme and i can take a look? it seems to have its own menu somewhere that must be causing the issue.

illori

yep looked into it further there is a custom menu as part of the theme. i still need a copy of the theme to see if i can fix it at all.

Ken.

OK, thanks for looking.
This theme is not available on any download link that I'm aware of, so I'll send you a PM.

lurkalot

Ken, when you rebuilt your site, did you actually uninstall and reinstall that theme?  Just wondering, as you still have menu items left over from your original setup. For example the Coppermine gallery which no longer exists etc.

I thought you were also running another menu mod at some point, although I don't see it now.

lurkalot

To add to my post above, (had to quickly nip out).  ::)

As you said it works fine on your testsite, and to be honest I've had it installed on testsite-one for a couple of years or more, and it works fine there as well, just checked it.

Your logout seems to be a custom added button rather than the original one that should have been picked up.

Ken.

You are right on all counts Mick.
As to the rebuild, the theme was removed and reinstalled after, but those menu options were still in place IIRC... I'll try removing all of the links and custom settings to see if that helps.

illori

Quote from: Ken. on January 28, 2016, 09:58:05 AM
I'll try removing all of the links and custom settings to see if that helps.

if you dont use the custom menu that will fix the issue. otherwise it will take some effort to solve this.

i just installed the theme you pm'ed me, and it seems the logout option is hard coded where on your forum it is able to be edited...no idea why there are differences there.

Ken.

Fixed the Log Out issue by doing an edit to that menu option... thanks to Illori for the logout session id tipO0

Now it just needs the rest of the menu options sorted out.