TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:39:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 266
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 209
  • Total: 209

Hosting question

Started by Al, April 07, 2005, 02:47:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WSA

Well, currently, I am in the market for a new hosting company also.  I also went with a bargain basement host and am having nothing but problems with uptime.  I wouldn't be surprised if we are at 80% uptime this month alone.  I did try to cut corners in costs when initially setting up my site but now it can't go on.

The customer service is good with the hosting company itself but then they have to go to a server farm, EV1 to get anything done and for some reason, they aren't very responsive to our issues on our server.

I have been looking at www.Godaddy.com and they seem extremely reasonable plus, I called them up and spoke to a human being, (yeah, a living breathing homo sapiens)  who said getting my site transferred wouldn't be a problem at all. 

Also talked to skhilled about this briefly as we are both on the same server with the problems and he suggest to go with www.uni-hosting.com as they are run by SMF people.

Great thread though everyone and lots of excellent insight.  Don't forget to heed Skal Tura's advice also.  Don't sell yourself short when choosing a hosting company.  Pay the 2-3 dollars a month more and save yourself a lot of headaches.  I can now speak from experience.