TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:07:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,173
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 275
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 275
  • Total: 275

Big problem with Arabic language !

Started by Master, August 08, 2006, 09:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master

I have big problem the TP doesn't support Arabic language

you can see that the direction in general works but when you look at the left and center bar you can see that the alignment is to left only the right bar is correct

how to make the alignment for all sections to right Please Help me

i tried to add <html dir="rtl"> in index.template.php and it will make all direction right but the whole page will depart to right causing something wrong with pictures
please help !  :-\

G6Cad

I think there is a solution in here (not 100% sure though), but i have seen arabic sites have the forum and the content show correct from the left to the right, instead of right to left.
Look in forum and see if you can find any thing about it, or agridoc might have something in his pocket that can help you  ???

agridoc

This is not a TP issue, right to left character direction is defined for an SMF language in index.[language].php in  /Themes/default/languages.

You wil find in index.english.php

// Character set and right to left?
$txt['lang_character_set'] = 'ISO-8859-1';
$txt['lang_rtl'] = false;

That should be in index.arabic.php

$txt['lang_rtl'] = true;

I am surprised it' not already set so.
  For Greek aeromodellers and our friends around the world  - Greek Button sets for SMF

Master

The same theme without TP is working fine

the issue is a TP issue

you see in the image that the forum is directed from right-to-left but inside cells isn't there is something wrong

i am waiting  for your reply and thank you ;D

G6Cad

Can you look in your TPortalblocks.template.php and see if you find the same code bits agridoc pointed to in his post?
If they are there, can you try change it to the correct code he provided to ?
Remember to backup the file before you change it :)

Master

no

i have to say that the direction works partly in some parts  only like menu bar & Content box & Search box & Themes box & User box but every thing else isn't like News or The Forum itself

you can see in the image that inside left menu and main menu the direction is from left-to-right
but in right menu the direction is all-right from right-to-left

so the dir="rtl" or $txt['lang_rtl'] = true ;
works fine there is another problem that i can't determine Please Help Me !   ???

agridoc

Master could you give a link?

I see adnan' s site (in Persian) and it' s properly right to left while yours seems to me not to be so. I am referring to the SMF message board.
  For Greek aeromodellers and our friends around the world  - Greek Button sets for SMF

Master

i am working on my computer

but the problem is that all themes cause the same problem if i use English version it is perfect
but when i change to Arabic the problem begin even in my admin panel

all themes that i use were tested on Arabic forum with no problems but when i installed the TP mod all problems began

when i moved all blocks to the right menu every thing in it was good and the direction was good too
but still in the main menu isn't and i removed the left box
PS :
you have to know that the left menu is the right menu in English verion and the right menu is the left

you said SMF message board is there any changes in it to fit the TP ? ???

Master

how to make sure that  $context['right_to_left'] is right in all files ??

adnan

Hi master ,

My website is a persian website and I also had the same problem .
You should change some codes in TP themes files .

open TPortalBlocks.template.php in your editor and find align="left" in whole file and change them to align="right" or remove all align="left"

Unfortunately , bloc's themes' files have  problems in right align languaes like persian or arabic and I said it in http://www.tinyportal.net/smf/index.php?topic=5616.0 before !

agridoc

Thank you for the response and help adnan  ;)

Master

thank you for your help

i didn't find any align="left" in TPortalBlocks.template.php

but i put this at the beginning of the file

<html dir="rtl">

and it works but there is a problem in Themes and Layout choice in admin panel

it takes about 3000 PX width and the boxes are divided on this space

thank you again i thought i was the only one who has this problem  ;D

bloc

This is an issue I will add to the roadmap for v1.0. Also, I am aware that many of my themes are not really RTL adjusted - which they should.

But to clarify..in arabic, the text should flow from right to left, that means also "left panel" should be on the right?

agridoc

Quote from: Bloc on August 08, 2006, 07:33:58 PMBut to clarify..in arabic, the text should flow from right to left, that means also "left panel" should be on the right?

I think Master must rather refer to program behavior or start and end, this is understandable.We would have a severe problem of communication if we had different definition for left and right.

adnan

QuoteThank you for the response and help adnan
Your welcome !  ;)

Quotei didn't find any align="left" in TPortalBlocks.template.php

Oh ! Are you sure ???

but i put this at the beginning of the file

<html dir="rtl">

This isn't good solution !!!! I attach my TPortalBlocks.template.php file in this topic . replace the file  and check again . Remember to backup the file before you change it .

Quoteut to clarify..in arabic, the text should flow from right to left, that means also "left panel" should be on the right?

Yes ! both of panels should be on the right . also I think both of them align to left in english . I think you don't need text alignment in the blocks ! and if you don't put  text alignment in blocks , Portal will work fine in  both of  language types ( english and arabic )

agridoc

Sorry, but I am a bit confused.

What is defined as left blocks will appear on the left or on the right side of ths screen, if we switch to a right to left language?

Master

hello

i fixed but i changed the index.template.php not TPortalBlocks.template.php
and worked

Quote from: adnan on August 08, 2006, 11:13:33 PM
Yes ! both of panels should be on the right . also I think both of them align to left in English . I think you don't need text alignment in the blocks ! and if you don't put  text alignment in blocks , Portal will work fine in  both of  language types ( English and Arabic )

yes because the first direction is defined at first by dir="rtl" or be default
so in themes we shouldn't use alignment for text at all right ?

Quote from: agridoc on August 08, 2006, 11:45:42 PM
Sorry, but I am a bit confused.

What is defined as left blocks will appear on the left or on the right side of the screen, if we switch to a right to left language?

because the Dir="rtl" switch the direction for all page but in same sequence
so every right is left and every left is right only in position not in name

Master

i replaced TPortalBlocks.template.php file and restore my index.template.php and it didn't work

so i am sure that changes must be in index.template.php not TPortalBlocks.template.php but you gave me the solution and thank you for that  :laugh:

adnan

Quoteyes because the first direction is defined at first by dir="rtl" or be default
so in themes we shouldn't use alignment for text at all right ?

Yes .

We have 2 solutions in design template website for right align langueses .

The first solution :
We define text direction in default like <body dir="rtl">
in SMF we change in index language : $txt['lang_rtl'] = true ;
In this case , all blocks in left show in the right . Like mirror work !!!

The Second solution :
We don't change direction in body !
in SMF we don't change in index language : $txt['lang_rtl'] = false ;
But we should some changes in template and define text direction and alignment in table or div : < table dir="rtl" align="right" ...    and <div dir="rtl"  align="right
In this case , Position of All block as same as english website !

bloc

adnan

First Solution is the best !

Because  it doesn't need many codes changes and just we define text direction in body tag !
also we can have multi languages ( like English and Arabic ) but in the second solution we will design and will work for right alignment languages only !

Master

i think all alignment for text shouldn't be used in themes so it will take the alignment as it is in defualt , right ?

adnan

Quote from: Master on August 09, 2006, 10:16:27 AM
i think all alignment for text shouldn't be used in themes so it will take the alignment as it is in defualt , right ?

Yes ,

And I request to dear bloc that don't use text alignment in their themes !

cute_man

Can u tell me what to change and in which file????