TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:34:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 174
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 165
  • Total: 165

Hungarian

Started by tamasir, November 28, 2009, 02:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tamasir

TinyPortal Magyar Szekciója

ZarPrime

tamasir,

If you are asking for a Hungarian child board for support, there is a problem with that.  You seem to be the only one who has requested this, at least for awhile.  We have briefly discussed what to do about foreign language support on the Team Board, but have come to no conclusions yet.

It would be nice to have a foreign language support board for every language out there, but, unfortunately, one thing is missing ~ a Moderator for each of those boards.  I, for one, sometimes attempt to help people who post questions in their language but, for the most part, I am limited to using translation software to attempt to figure out what it is they are asking (at least for most languages), and that isn't always the best way to do it.  Ideally, a Moderator for another language board would have to be able to write and understand both their language and English and be fluent in both, and have a working knowledge of Tinyportal, so that they could answer member questions.  They must understand English as well so that if they get stuck on a question, they can ask those of us in Support who speak only English.  They must also be able to check their board for new messages on a routine basis, preferably every day, and must be willing to be around in a year from now, and not just today.

With all that being said, maybe you can understand why filling Moderator spots for foreign language support boards is so difficult.

ZarPrime

fursat0

Thanks ZarPrime

For this information....

WasdMan

The TinyPortal.eu Admin undertake the English and Hungarian language support as well as the distribution and representation of Hungarian-language Portal. We developed this site with Topics and user groups. The Hungarian representative who follows the show its representation in the Hungarian group Moderators: tamasir and WasdMan

tamasir

ZarPrime
Allow? Thanks....
tamasir~

Nitram

I request this new section too! :)

ZarPrime

We are discussing this on the Team Board.  The consensus will likely be that we will not add any boards unless we have someone in place who would ...

• Know enough about TinyPortal to provide some support in the board.
  • Be able to work with both English and their native language (fluently).
  • Be willing to take on the responsibility of being a Moderator of that board.
  • Be able to login here to check for new messages on the board at least every couple of days.
  • Be willing to do the TintPortal translations in their language.

One of the problems of the past is that we don't have every language covered.  When someone posts a topic in the Spanish board, for instance, I read it, translate it, write a reply, translate my reply, and post it.  All this is very much a pain since, though I know some Spanish, I am certainly not fluent in it.  The person who accepts the responsibility of moderating one of the language boards will need to provide some level of commitment to the task, albeit minimal.  They will also need to be quite good with English so that they can ask the Support Team for guidance with a problem posted on the board they moderate, should the need arise.  These are all considerations that the Team will need to consider before making a decision.

So, do any of you know of anyone that would be a good moderator for a Hungarian board?

ZarPrime 

Nitram

We met about this and we want to have three moderators: tamasir, WasdMan, and Nitram.

tamasir

Nitram
Köszönöm.... ;)
tamasir~

ZarPrime

Guys,

OK, I will open up a discussion on this on the Team Board and see what we can come up with.  I really don't see a need for more than 1 person to be a moderator so, if there is a good reason why you guys want more than 1 moderator for this board, please enlighten me.  Obviously, I am familiar with tamasir but I am not familiar with either Nitram or WasdMan.

ZarPrime

Nitram

Well, then make tamasir the moderator! :)

ZarPrime

OK Guys, you win. ;)

Give us a couple of days to finish discussing this on the Team Board and then we will get your Board setup.  We will make tamasir the moderator and discuss with him whether he thinks that there should be more than 1 Moderator for the board and come up with some decisions.  Tamisir, one of us will send you a PM over the weekend.

ZarPrime

Nitram

chouji

Hali sr�cok! / Hi guys! :)

Most m�r �n is itt vagyok, �s ha kell seg�tek!

Chouji

tamasir

chouji
Köszönjük, hogy ilyen gyors voltál és, hogy hajlandó leszel segíteni.... ;)
tamasir~

tamasir

Fiúk!
Megérkezett ZarPrime PM üzenete...elindult a dolog.  O0
tamasir~

ZarPrime

OK Guys.  Tamasir now has the TP Language badge everywhere but in the new Hungarian board.  In that board, he will have the TP Moderator badge with all it's permissions.  After we run with this for a couple of weeks to try it out, if Tamasir decides that he wants another of you to also be a Moderator of that board, then we can add others at that time.  Tamasir, you should send either Les or me a PM.  An additional board has also been created that is visible to only the Team and to all those in the Language Group.  We can tell you about it's purpose when we hear from you.

ZarPrime 

tamasir

ZarPrime
Thank you. We attempt to use it so.
tamasir~