TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:28:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 173
  • Total: 173

Spacing or padding around article blocks

Started by Dianna, February 28, 2009, 10:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dianna

Site:www.schreeandbaby.com/index.php
SMF Version: 1.1.7
TP Version: 1.0.5 beta1
Theme: Gold Charm by Shadow82x (I've tweaked the css and images)
Current Mods:  Just TP, haven't reinstalled shoutbox, blog or gallery after fresh install

Hi all! I hate to ask such a petty or maybe simple question, but I have spent quite a few hours looking and tweaking to try to fix this and cannot find it, it's driving me nuts!  :tickedoff:

My articles which contain all of my site HTML pages have this spacing above the actual HTML article part that I cannot seem to remove.  I cannot tell if it's some set padding in the article blocks. I've looked all through the theme CSS and index.templates to find where to remove this spacing.

Anyone know where this spacing could be hiding that I can tweak it.  I've changed the background of the site for now so you can see what I"m talking about.  I want the heading of each page to line up with the top of the left and right panels.  As a graphic designer, aesthetically it's driving me nuts!   :uglystupid2:

2ND QUESTION:
I'm not sure if I should ask a 2nd question here while I'm at aesthetics I hope I'm not breaking posting guidelines, but I'm also looking for how I can take the "TP Portal" credits/copyright and move it to the SMF credits line....like you have it here in this forum. I cannot find where the TP Portal credits are at to move them to where the SMF credits are at.  I want them to all be on the same line. That's been a simple head scratcher. 

G6Cad

You know that you are using our first beta that are so full of bugs its crazy.
Im not forcing you to upgrade to beta3, but i dont want to give support for a version thats outdated and full of issues so half would be enough.

So please update to beta3 and we go from there, see you post all over for all kinds of issues in that version is no fun for eather you or us  :-\

Dianna

I would love to upgrade to beta 3.  I did the fresh install of SMF and TP after I tried to move my forum to the root directory and had issues.  But, I had problems when I first did the fresh install and went straight for the beta 3 and also for SMF 1.1.8.  I got a lot of bugs since it wasn't matching my backed up database. 

So is it safe now that I have everything back up perfect to go and ugrade to SMF 1.1.8 and TP beta3???  I was afraid to upgrade SMF in case it could mess up TP somehow. I would like to do it before I start adding mods while it's clean.  So I'm safe to do upgrades now? 

My short while during beta 3, even though the install was acting weird, I LOVED the new version. I loved it. So let me know if it's safe and I'll go upgrade both now. 

IchBin

Dianna, if you make a backup of your files and database, it is always safe to try something out. If anything goes bad, all you have to do is restore your backup to fix things.

Dianna

Thanks Ichbin, yes I've become an expert in restoring from backups. My concern was that if I upgraded SMF from 1.1.7 to 1.1.8 if it would override any of the TP settings.

Since I have the fresh install all sorted out on the versions I was running before, then an upgrade to beta 3 should work fine and not give me all the weird stuff that I was having issues with before? Are there just "upgrade files" or do I just upload the beta 3 version through the package manager as if I've never had TP?  That's what concerns me. 

JPDeni

QuoteMy concern was that if I upgraded SMF from 1.1.7 to 1.1.8 if it would override any of the TP settings.

Nope. It will run a little script that will take about 90 seconds. You won't even notice that anything happened.

QuoteAre there just "upgrade files" or do I just upload the beta 3 version through the package manager as if I've never had TP?

When I did it, I uninstalled the earlier version of TP and then installed the beta 3 version. Nothing is deleted from the database when you uninstall, so your settings should stay the same.

Dianna

Hi JP, okay good. After all the buggy stuff when I fresh installed and went straight for the latest versions, that was a mess. Once I got it stable and solid again I was afraid to mess with it.  I guess the problem is pulling up a backgup to not the same version. So always be sure to install back to the original version and then you're safe to upgrade.  I'll go run it now so then someone can take a look at this article padding issue.  IT is driving me nuts to look at it. LOL 

I'll come back after I run the upgrades right now. Thanks!

JPDeni

So always be sure to install back to the original version and then you're safe to upgrade.

Yes. Always apply a backup to the same version you had installed when you backed up. Then apply upgrades. :)

Dianna

Okay, I installed SMF 1.1.8 no problem. I'm trying to install TP 1.0 beta3 now but I'm getting a "error in package installation" saying that the error may be caused by a conflict between the package I'm trying to install and another package that I don't have installed yet. 

The test shows that it failed with everything EXCEPT sources/security.php, sources/errors.php, sources/profile.php, and ssi.php. 

Could this be because of that advshout that is sitting in my TP beta1?  It won't let me get rid of it out of the mod even though I'm not using it since I was told to use the regular shout.

Or, could the installation problem be after having to do a "manual" install of TP beta1. It wouldn't let me do a package manager install so I had to do it manually. My TP 1.0 runs great, but could it be how I installed it?  There were some parts in th tp manual install folder that weren't used, i.e. FCKeditor and some other various files that I can list.  I just put the FCKeditor in the forum root.

What should I do? a manual install for Beta3?  Please tell me no.  LOL  But I'm willing to do it to get beta 3, it's really nice!!!

And I desperately want to have someone look at that article top cell padding issue or whatever is causing that in the articles. 

Renegd98

The problem is due to the fact the installer can not find where it is supposed to do edits on the files. Most likely due to the manual install of TP. I would do a manual install of TP Beta 3. You will find that alot of the changes you already made when you did the first manual install are the same for the new Beta.