TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:54:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 303
  • Total: 304
  • @rjen

Panel Auto Collapse

Started by Skb, April 28, 2018, 12:00:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skb

We use the Right Panel with a number of Blocks in it.
When a post contains inline image files, they are automatically resized to fit the available width. In the case of video attachments, the Right Panel overlaps the video as in the attached screen shot.
Can the same thing be done with video files ? Or is there a way to auto-collapse the right panel if the post contains video files in wider format ?

SMF 2.1 RC4 (default theme) / TP 2.1.0

tino

Inline attachments or using the new youtube post functionality in TP 1.4.x?

tino

Quote from: tino on April 28, 2018, 12:16:50 PM
Inline attachments or using the new youtube post functionality in TP 1.4.x?

I just checked it's in a forum post, you have set the width and height in the iframe.

This isn't a TinyPortal issue, ( or anything we can do to stop it ) if it's a mod you're using to post the links then that needs to be modified. If it's not then you need to change the width and height.

Skb

tino, thanks for your guidance.

Should anyone encounter this problem, this is what I did to resolve the issue.

My Right Panel is set to a width of 250. It was overlapping the video which was 640 x 385. I use the Simple Audio Video Embedder and the settings there were set to "0", which means use video media defaults.  Some sites recommended a 340 x 220 video size for websites. I found that to be too small for the post area and proportionately increased the width and height to 420 x 273 to fit our forum post area width.

lurkalot

Skb Have you checked on a mobile to see if the video is still stretching out of the right hand side?

If you check in firefox in responsive view mode, it still looks like it is.

Because your adding these to a post they still need to be responsive if added at a certain size.  I personally use Ohara YT embed on my sites, as it's responsive, and resizes the videos on the fly.  You can even see them change size just by zooming the page.  But here's a couple of screenshots captured while using Firfox's responsive view mode.  One from your site, and one from one of my test sites.

Skb

Thanks Mick.

I will explore more and get back.

Skb

This issue was eventually solved by implementing changes to index.template per this topic over at SMF;

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=561939.msg3986771#msg3986771