TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 05:42:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,165
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 118
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 90
  • Total: 90

150 000 mails

Started by Arba, May 23, 2006, 02:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G6Cad

This seems to be more about a host issue than a SMF issue.
The mail handling in the forum are a SMF support question.
But as far as i know and can see, you have to talk to your host and tell them itÂÃ,´s them that have to see this through and fix their mail handling on their mailservers.

bd2003

I agree.
You can't really tell whether the email is being routed through an exploit in your stuff, or an exploit in the email software on the server itself.
But I really don't think it's an SMF issue.

gerrymo

It looks very like a paypal phishing email as mentioned above. It has this in it: http:// galeria.lillet.net/albums/userpics/10004/.htaccess/www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/us/cmd/webscr-cmd=_login/ which makes me suspious of an image on someone's gallery.

gerrymo

In the mean time, I'd suggest using a Yahoo e-mail addy for your site. They have a sysytem to limit the number of e-mails per hour sent for a certain period of time. Use the smtp setting for it, rather than the php way. You can get the required info when you set up the account at Yahoo.

IchBin

I think that maybe your forum is the culprit for your email limit. If you have a few hundred users subscribing to posts/threads/boards and you're forum is farely active, you certainly can reach your email limit if everyone is getting email notifications from them. I would turn email notification off and see if that is your problem. If you want, PM the details and I will turn it off for you for the time being.

Arba

No,my forum is small comunity,10 people daily  O0 .
I just get mail from host,my site is hacked throu copermine galery exploit http://coppermine-gallery.net/forum/index.php?topic=31671.0 ,I do try to upgrade all my scripts when a get aware of vulnerability and was completly unaware about new exploit,but even this notification from Copermine gallery will not help because notification come out 4 days ago and my gallery is hacked 12 days ago.I hope I will not lose my gallery,she have  loot of pictures uploaded last 2 years  :'( .

IchBin

I will see if I can look at this tonight Arba.

Arba

Good man IchBin fix everything  :) ....in 20 minutes  8) ,thank you  :up:
I do try to post this reply before few days but get some error notification- my timesesion expired..-( or something like that  :coolsmiley:) and was unable to post or send pm.
Thanks again IchBin ,is really apreciated  :)

IchBin

Yeah we had some server issues for TinyPortal.net. The host went pretty far out of his way to fix it. Everything should be good now. I'm glad your site is working as it should. :)