TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:12:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 143
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 145
  • Total: 146
  • tino

Collapse button

Started by bigguy, December 04, 2018, 12:36:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigguy

I think there is something wrong with the collapse button to collapse side panels. It overlays on the updated topics link. It should maybe be moved down a bit. I have a block enabled on my forum to the right of the boards. See attachment

tino

That's been known about but we conveniently ignored it... I think as we didn't know where to actually put it!

bigguy

Right there is fine if it could be moved down a bit.

bigguy

You might have to move the block down a bit as well but it's fine there.

lurkalot

I tend to turn them off at the moment, at least until we find a new position for them.

Tinyportal Admin > Settings > Allow the panels to be collapsed?  Yes / No

bigguy

There are some people on my site that actually use it to collapse the side bar. They don't like using it in the forum. SO I either leave it up for them or get rid of the block, which I don't wanna do. I'll deal with it for now. ;)

@rjen

Looking at the buttons (again)

We can drop them below the text, but that will create a white space above all content.
A fixed position in a panel is not suitable , since sites may all look and behave differently as to what panels are shown.

See attachment 1:
option 1: is with the white space

option 2: 2.1 has a very nice dropmenu on top with empty spaces.
Tino, do you know if it is possible to add an element in there?

option 3: see attachment two.
We could suppress the buttons in 2.1 and maybe include a standard block with the upshrink icons?

I created a php block to show the buttons in the right side bar now for demonstration purposes.

The block code is:

global $context;

echo '
<div style="float: right;  margin-right: 0.5em;">', $context['TPortal']['upshrinkpanel'] , '</div>';

Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

tino

Quote from: @rjen on December 04, 2018, 03:10:59 PM
option 2: 2.1 has a very nice dropmenu on top with empty spaces.
Tino, do you know if it is possible to add an element in there?

We could I think using the buffer hook and add it in the html. I can't see a easier way.

tino

Like this...

Thats putting this in tpAddCopy

Quote$buffer = str_replace('<li class="unread_links">', '<span class="tp_upshrink" style="float:right; margin-top:6px; padding-left:10px;">'.$context['TPortal']['upshrinkpanel'].'</span><li class="unread_links">', $buffer);

The css should be in the css file under the class tp_upshrink but inline was quick and easy to show it. 

@rjen

That is not what I meant, but maybe even better...  O0
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl