TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:20:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online

Need your opinions [request]

Started by akulion, May 02, 2006, 02:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IchBin

Quote from: nevermore on May 15, 2006, 10:21:42 PM
Best of all, they have real live people available for tech support !!

As apposed to no people at all? lol

nevermore

Some hosting solutions seem to have no people lol. The few times I have had to call them, there was a little or no wait to talk to a person who actually knew what they were doing. It was a treat.

akulion

Bluehost dosent seem to have VPS

but thanks either ways :D

redone

Getting hold of a real person these days especially one over the phone is almost impossible. Especially given the very low prices people expect to pay for hosting.

Besides, when was the last time you called a web host with a technical question and got a half way reasonable intelligent answer? lol ;)

nite0859

I'm with dreamhost too. Are you going over your daily 1Hr of CPU usage or something ?

Are you doing PHP 5.1.4 ? Do you have APC installed ? I started up a quick help thread over at my forum for those who are new to dreamhost... heck, I'm still new to dreamhost.

akulion

Are you going over your daily 1Hr of CPU usage or something

nope not yet but i can see that the sites gona need more "power" behind it soon cos the list of active members keep increasing weekly. From a mere 5 users onlyne at once now it reaches a maximum of 20 + online at a time and on weekends it can reach up to 30 users on at one time which is really getting me scared that what if the site starts become un-accesible then everyone will leave!!

Plus not to mention that there are 3 domains on my site .com .org and .net so each has its loads of visitors.
Currently .com is housed on a seperate server altogether and .org is pending launch.

But I am figuring once its launched and .com moved to the same server it could really cause some serious downtime

So I am planning ahead and getting ready to shift over :D

oh yea i forgot to mention: for those who may be looking for a "shared host" definately go with Dreamhost.com it is truly a dream for shared server account users! It not only gives a HUGE amount of space but also mega bandwidth and its only 8 bucks a month! No database restrictions on amount of databases ur allowed to have and u can host many domains as well!

gerrymo

Quote from: akulion on May 15, 2006, 09:34:18 PM
i was put off by power VPS when I sent a "pre sales" question to them and recieved an answer after 3 days :p

I did that and had my reply in 5 minutes. I've only been with them a week, but I'm absolutely happy that I took this option. My sites are flying now. OK, I did have to bug support a few times, but that could say more about my experience with this level of stuff, than it says about them.

superQ

If you haven't switched yet I wish you would contact these guys. See what they can do for you. Most exellent service. very quick response time. People on the other end. I have no idea of the charge for vps it is a custom package.Watch the video on the page. Open in FF ;)

http://ewebzone.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=23&Itemid=61

nite0859

do you have apc accelerator installed ?

superQ