TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:25:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 190
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 187
  • Total: 187

Host suggestion

Started by Fredrikstad67, October 16, 2006, 12:33:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fredrikstad67

Hi everybody

This is a suggestion abut hosting your own community if you plan a small one
You can easly setup a working community with a few steps and a old computer

I have done this my self only for testing purpuse you can dropp in at http://server.seagen.se/community and se for your self and read the topic

http://server.seagen.se/community/index.php?topic=2.0

This is not a advertise and i do not host any community just shows how to easy make your old computers coma back to work again  O0

G6Cad

:2funny:  Well, that was a very fine "own hosting"

I get this from the links
QuoteDirectory Listing Denied
This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.

Fredrikstad67

Quote from: G6 on October 16, 2006, 06:25:00 AM
:2funny:Ã,  Well, that was a very fine "own hosting"

I get this from the links
QuoteDirectory Listing Denied
This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.

Sorry i forgot to put the index.php in the default document settings ;-)
Now it will work...

Thanks for your reply and to let me no abut my glipp...

Och så tar vi den på svenska med he he.. Jag glömde att lägga till index.php i inställningarna på IIS 5 den har ju default och index.htm som standard dokument.. men har fix det nu så det ska funka bra ;)

G6Cad

I guesst you were Swedish :)  Not many towns in the world are called Fredrikstad :)

You know we have a Scandinavian forum aswell here :)

Fredrikstad67

Ooooh?? do we? whats the adress? And yes I am Swedish but living in Norway since 1995 but did it work now for you? did you enter the Community test site?

G6Cad

I enterd both and they seem to work fine, pretty fast loading to :)

Fredrikstad67

That sound nice :) what server system are you running your community TinyPortal on if i may ask?

G6Cad

Linux server and i have one.com as host

Om my local testservers i have one test on Linux Ubuntu and one on Win 2003 Server

Fredrikstad67

Nice :) do you use Telia adsl on your Test servers? You are lucky in Sweden where you can get real adsl up to 24Mbit to a very good price
You now that tou can make dns host redirect from one.com that point to your local computer and set up a fully functional DNS at your test server... This could be handy if you want to use real dns name at your test server.. its very easy to configer at one.com

G6Cad

No on the servers i have as test i have a GB fiber drawn in that belong to my work, and as my own internet provider i have 8mbit from Cable network, they are about to raise that connection to 100/100 in December

Fredrikstad67

Wow that would be a dream to be working with ;)
And i think its very nice that a Women is showing us guys that when it comes to the Core you are the one ;) ....smile

I am running on dsl line with 3.5Mbit down and 1.5 up so the bandwith is small but i did run a test against the Sql server and it could take 1000 hits with the current server config so i am very happy with the result. And as i told you befor.. I run this on a old computer with some really poor hardware...

bloc

lol..you know this is a bit weird. You actually have a name that fits me rather well: I was born in Fredrikstad in the year 1967.. ;D Moved from it not more than 10 years ago...

Is that strange or what? 

( Virkelig et pussig sammentreff...)

Fredrikstad67

Well the world is very small ;) So you are from "Plankebyn" can i ask where you are living now? and do you visit Fredrikstad?

Eg snakker ikke sÃÆ'Ã,Â¥ god Norsk for meg blir det litt sÃÆ'Ã,Â¥nn "Svorsk" hehe Men er hyggligt at bo her og jeg stor trives i Fredrkstad :) Er Född 1967 jeg og men jeg er född i Sverige, Karlstad

Crip

I have become comfortably numb!

Cripzone | Crip's Free 2.0.2 Themes

Fredrikstad67

Yes the world is a small place ;)

IchBin

hahahah.... what a crazy world we live in.

bloc

Quote from: Fredrikstad67 on October 16, 2006, 04:11:29 PM
Well the world is very small ;) So you are from "Plankebyn" can i ask where you are living now? and do you visit Fredrikstad?

Eg snakker ikke sÃÆ'Ã,Â¥ god Norsk for meg blir det litt sÃÆ'Ã,Â¥nn "Svorsk" hehe Men er hyggligt at bo her og jeg stor trives i Fredrkstad :) Er Född 1967 jeg og men jeg er född i Sverige, Karlstad

I live in Molde now, and visit "plankeby'n" from time to time. I used to live in the area called Lisleby, just above Lisleby Stadion. :)

Om du ikke har sett det - mitt virkelige navn er BjÃÆ'Ã,¸rn Kristiansen og jeg bodde pÃÆ'Ã,Â¥ Lisleby fra 67 til 99 fÃÆ'Ã,¸r jeg traff ei jente - og flyttet til Molde lol. :) Stortives her oppe, og vil nok ikke flytte med det fÃÆ'Ã,¸rste..selvom Fredrikstad er og blir "byen". :)

Fredrikstad67

Yes thats funny... If any one like they can enter my Test Community and try out my Live Video Feed http://server.seagen.se/community/ scroll down to the menu block with "Live Move" now this is really getting of topic so i will go back to the hosting topic...

As i Started out, you can easy setup your own hosting with a old computer and a good adsl provider... I tested my low 1.5Mbit and did pass with good on 1000 connection and that is really good and you have done a marveles jobb with the code in TinyPortal...

Til dej Björn...

Jag bor på Mineberget bredvid Gamlebyn :)

Men skulle du komma nedöver så hoppas jag du hör av dej hade vart kult att träffa dej och snakka litt.. är imponerad av det du fått til här.. väldigt profft

G6Cad

Haha!! I understand to ;)     :2funny:   We have secrets.... lalalala..
just joking guys ;)

How well will the server run if 50+ members run the video stream at the same time on that server ?
I read a post on Simplemachines about some one that wanted to change host from a shared linux server to a dedicated Windows based server, and the admins there pretty much said DONT !! cause a lot of settings and such had to be done, and that was some thing of a really big headache  ???

IchBin

And here I was thinking it was cool to see you guys talk another language, then you go and rub it in our face!? I see how it is... Don't think that I can't run that through the online translator and get enough info to get you guys in trouble!!! :D

bloc

darn..I forgot about the online translator...

Fredrikstad67

Quote from: G6 on October 16, 2006, 07:41:51 PM
Haha!! I understand to ;)     :2funny:   We have secrets.... lalalala..
just joking guys ;)

How well will the server run if 50+ members run the video stream at the same time on that server ?
I read a post on Simplemachines about some one that wanted to change host from a shared linux server to a dedicated Windows based server, and the admins there pretty much said DONT !! cause a lot of settings and such had to be done, and that was some thing of a really big headache  ???

He he ja men tydligen finns ju Babelfish sÃÆ'Ã,Â¥ lika bra vi tar det pÃÆ'Ã,Â¥ Engelska ;)

Its soo simple to setup both MySql and php on a windows based Server but those guys dont want any freeware when they want you to by expensive SQL server database instead of the free MySql. Of cause the web hosters are charging for the MySql service to but its usally cheap in compare with Microsoft SQL Server.. I have succesfully once setup SimpleMachine Forum to run on the MSDE 2000 sql server that ships with office XP but some functions neede so mutch modifying..

Of cause you must have some understanding in IIS and now how to handle ISAPI filters but its very easy... I will publish a step by step Tutorial at the test community and maybe i will do a video tutorial

Then to your question abut Media streaming..
The server can handle up to 100 000 connection but as you now i just dont have the bandwith to transmit that many strems with my poor 1.5Mbit... If you tested the preview movie you should now that it streams at only 358Kbit and if you change your display settings to 800x600 and zoom to 200% in Windows Media player you have a good resolution.. and if you have a TV Out on your display adapter you will have VCD Quality on your TV...

I also have a non public stream on 758Kbit and that has the same quality as any DivX Movie and streams in Dolby Surrand 5.1 ;)

So i really want your fiber then we could have som really fun days :)