TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 08:24:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 203
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 92
  • Total: 93
  • tino

Trouble with Avatars

Started by Skb, November 16, 2017, 08:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skb

We use the Recent Posts Block in the Right Panel.
Without any reason (no updates, no changes) the Avatars suddenly started showing scroll keys to the left and bottom. I've tried uploading the files from a recent backup, but this problem persists. Please advise.

ETA : I checked on other PCs and devices and the problem is not there. It's something local with my PC / Browser.

SMF 2.1 RC4 (default theme) / TP 2.1.0

lurkalot

Quote from: Skb on November 16, 2017, 08:37:38 AM
We use the Recent Posts Block in the Right Panel.
Without any reason (no updates, no changes) the Avatars suddenly started showing scroll keys to the left and bottom. I've tried uploading the files from a recent backup, but this problem persists. Please advise.

ETA : I checked on other PCs and devices and the problem is not there. It's something local with my PC / Browser.

Strange one skb.  I'm not seeing that problem on your site, in Chrome Latest Firefox, IE11, or Edge.  What browser are you using? And are you using a different theme when logged in?

Skb

I'm experiencing this on just one PC while using Chrome. If I use FF the problem disappears. On devices like Notepads, iPad or phone, everything works fine. Theme is Curve.

Yes it's strange. I've lost some hair trying to figure out the source of the problem. Chrome version is latest & the problem is only with one PC.

Skhilled

Have you tried disabling your Chrome extensions to see if that help? If it does help then turn one on at a time until you find which one is causing it.

Skb

Quote from: Skhilled on November 17, 2017, 11:41:01 AM
Have you tried disabling your Chrome extensions to see if that help? If it does help then turn one on at a time until you find which one is causing it.

I tried that without success. I eventually stumbled upon the problem/solution and this is worth a few laughs. ;D :2funny:

When I set the Chrome zoom settings to 100% the problem resolved. Funny thing is those keys appear only at settings of 90% & 110%. Below 90 & above 110 is fine. Really funny.

Skhilled

LOL! That sounds like me when I mistakenly hit the CTRL key and move the mouse wheel and wonder why everything looks funny! LOL

Glad you've got it solved. :)