TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:42:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 108
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 91
  • Total: 91

Download Manager - autopost topics?

Started by dhighet, March 21, 2009, 10:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhighet

Is there a way to have Download Manager automatically post a topic in a designated forum when uploading a file? Also when I do it manually, there is no link from the file, to the topic designated to it.

IchBin

The feature to add a topic is already built into TP beta3. However, since you didn't post your info about your setup, I wouldn't know if that would work for you or not...

dhighet

I understand that, but I'm asking about having it do it automatically, without the user having to check a box and enter text.

I'm using Beta 3 and SMF 1.1.8

IchBin

That is not a feature. And I don't think that it is something I would want to see in TP. Having the choice is what its all about.

crucify

I would like to do this as well, to many people fail to check the box.
I would like to know how to make it permanently checked/automatic.

IchBin

In TPdlmanager.template.php find this code:
// make a new topic too?
if(allowedTo('tp_dlcreatetopic') || !empty($context['TPortal']['dl_create_topic']))
{
echo '
</td></tr>
<tr>
<td height="40" valign="top" align="right" class="windowbg2">'.$txt['tp-dlcreatetopic'].'</td>
<td class="windowbg2">
<input type="checkbox" name="create_topic" /> ' . $txt['tp-dlcreatetopic'] . '<br />';

Add checked="checked" to the input checkbox.
// make a new topic too?
if(allowedTo('tp_dlcreatetopic') || !empty($context['TPortal']['dl_create_topic']))
{
echo '
</td></tr>
<tr>
<td height="40" valign="top" align="right" class="windowbg2">'.$txt['tp-dlcreatetopic'].'</td>
<td class="windowbg2">
<input type="checkbox" checked="checked" name="create_topic" /> ' . $txt['tp-dlcreatetopic'] . '<br />';

crucify