TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:48:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,105
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 299
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 305
  • Total: 305

Google BreadCrumb Errors On TP Pages

Started by jernatety, February 07, 2020, 08:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jernatety

Every one of my TP Pages has been flagged as being in error in Google Search Console. And I don't know why. It says it was first detected on 9/18/19 and they've all been in error since, including newly added pages.

This is the only detail I'm provided by SC to fix. "Either "name" or "item.name" should be specified"

Anybody have any idea what this means? Is it possibly the "Query Title" field on HTML articles? I use hyphens.

lurkalot

Did you turn on the linktree for each of those articles as advised before?

jernatety

Quote from: lurkalot on February 07, 2020, 08:49:26 PM
Did you turn on the linktree for each of those articles as advised before?

No that's turned off because I don't want anybody seeing the "my articles" link to provide them access to searching through. Is there a way to block guests and members from seeing the link tree but still have it active?

@rjen

Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

lurkalot

Not actually sure what you mean about the "My Articles" link.  Where are you seeing this just by turning on the linktree?

@rjen

I just had a look at your site using the online checking tool:
https://search.google.com/structured-data/testing-tool

The problem seems to be in this piece of code

<script type="application/ld+json">
{
"@context": "http://schema.org",
"@type": "BreadcrumbList",
"itemListElement": [{
"@type": "ListItem",
"position": 1,
"item": {
"@id": "",
"name": ""
}
}]
}

I do not recognize that, but what I do know is that it is not coming from the TinyPortal code...

So i assume you have something (a MOD?) else causing the errors..
In my site all pages (including the TinyPortal ones) validate fine and it does not contain that code.

From what I read online it seems that the property name must have a value... you may try to change that code to state:

"itemListElement": [{
            "@type": "ListItem",
            "position": 1,
            "item": {
               "@id": "",
               "name": "item"
            }

@rjen

By the way: I just noticed that you got this exact same answer last year...
And it referred back to the Optimus MOD.
https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=569815.msg4032523#msg4032523

I just checked it on my test site: if I suppress the Linktree in the article I get the same message, so it means Optimus does not handle the functionality well when the linktree is suppressed (I guess because in the standard forum that option does not exist).

So you may have to address your request to the Optimus MOD if they are willing to support this feature...

lurkalot

Quote from: @rjen on February 07, 2020, 10:46:03 PM

I just checked it on my test site: if I suppress the Linktree in the article I get the same message, so it means Optimus does not handle the functionality well when the linktree is suppressed (I guess because in the standard forum that option does not exist).

I not sure I understand the part about the linktree not existing in the standard forum. It does doesn't it? Or am I thinking of something else.

lurkalot

Thinking about this further. Maybe our article linktree setting should be renamed to Breadcrumbs.

@rjen

Quote from: lurkalot on February 08, 2020, 05:52:24 PM

I not sure I understand the part about the linktree not existing in the standard forum. It does doesn't it? Or am I thinking of something else.

I was referring to the OPTION to HIDE the linktree: that does not exist in standard AFAIK