TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:18:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 151
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 142
  • Total: 143
  • tino

GalleryButton and SMFTP theme for CPG (works with&without TinyPortal)

Started by jake1981, June 18, 2007, 06:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jake1981

Yes. This is a MOD for SMF that creates new button to navigation bar (visible also on TinyPortal) and SMFTP theme for Coppermine that makes it look like SMF's default/core theme.

Newest version will always be available at (as soon as it's been approved by SMF): http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=848

What is Gallery Button?
===============---.
It is a modification for Simple Machines Forum(now on referred
as SMF) that is based of my earlier modification Website
Button. It creates a new button to navigation bar with
customizable URL and customizable text/bitmap.
It also provides SMF header support for my
Coppermine Picture Gallery(CPG) theme "smftp" that can be used
to provide a look for CPG that fits nicely with SMF's default theme.

What is SMFTP?
==========---.
It's a theme for Coppermine Picture Gallery that will make CPG follow same kind of theme as SMF's default/core theme.. To make it work properly, you need to use this GalleryButton MOD too..

I want to use smftp theme with this, how do I install it?=======================================---.
Installation procedure:
- Install SMF (if not yet installed)
- Install CPG to folder "gallery" under SMF's directory
- Bridge CPG with SMF
- Install this MOD and check it's settings (visible for guests and
   check that URL points to correct address)
- Go to CPG's settings and set custom header to point to following file:
   "../Sources/Coppermine.php"
- Install smftp theme for CPG and enable it as default (you also might want
   to disable other themes)

Does it work with TinyPortal?
===================---.
Yes, TinyPortal has been supported. It detects if TinyPortal has been
installed and then it will show correct Home and Forum buttons in
navigation bar.

My TinyPortal's sidebars aren't visible when I am in CPG.
=======================================---.
Yes, I decided to disable sidebars while in CPG as they used
to take a lot of space and CPG already is pretty wide, so..

Can I use this Gallery with other galleries than CPG?
====================================---.
Sure you can. Just set URL to it's location and you
are all set.

Can I convert your CPG SMFTP support to some other application?
===============================================---.
Sure, I wish you luck with it.

I don't know how to install all the stuff to use that smftp, will you help?
==================================================---.
I doubt, I am far too busy. For CPG, check docs at http://coppermine.sf.net
Installation and bridging is explained there. To install my smftp theme,
just unextract it to your CPG's theme directory. Setting for custom header
can be found from Config of CPG, check part about Themes.. It's really
not that difficult when you concentrate into it.

What themes and languages are supported?
==============================---.
Support has been provided for core/default, babylon and classic.
Initial language support is in english and finnish and if other
language is being used on forum, it defaults to english except
on settings. (Settings propably won't show unless you manually
add support for your language or use one of provided languages)

I want to use other than SMF's default/core theme but smftp theme doesn't change.
============================================================---.
This is normal behaviour, smftp _only_ supports default/core theme.

I wish this theme will inspire other to create more themes as there are some really good looking themes (for e.g. Mesh TP) but it took me a month to create these 2 packages, so I'm finished with this stuff for now..

For succesful installation, follow installation procedures precisly.. variations are possible but with caution..

There is a test site for a limited time at address:
demo: http://test.roadrunner.cx:81/

I also decided to provide blocks for TP for showing random and/or latest pictures from gallery. Instructions for setting up these blocks are available at:
http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=16775

Screenshots follow..

G6Cad

Im not sure i follow you here ?

What exactly does this do ? I have read through your post 2 times, looked at the screen shots several more.
From what i understand the mod creates "buttons" for the default theme ?

There is where i get lost.
The "buttons" from the screenshots "gallery" "Forum" are allready implemented as soon as you apply the mods through the package manager,
Example the forum button. That button is added by the tinyportal modification, Gallery is added by the gallery modification.

So can you try and explain a bit more about what your work actually do ? And how do you use it ?
All mods installed that uses a button allready have a button added by the modification you install.

jake1981

Okay, although I tried to be clear already on first times..

But could you first explain something to me? What gallery mod adds a gallery button? This gallerybutton mod can be used with.. well any gallery, or any content, sure.. but mostly I designed it for coppermine gallery, when I installed coppermine gallery, no new buttons appeared after bridging..

Okay, my work consists of 2 parts.
1) MOD for SMF: GalleryButton MOD.
This is a modification for SMF (which works under TinyPortal also). It creates a new button that says Gallery. This can be made to point to any URL you want. There's also switch for it, you can hide it from guests if you want to.

This MOD also installs a support file to SMF's Sources that can be used if people want to use my SMFTP theme with Coppermine. This file is used for displaying header with navigation links from Coppermine. This setup helps people, since IFRAMEs really aren't that good for this job. With this setup, you don't need IFRAME, it loads SMF's topmost menu and info center from coppermine as a header. Browser compatibility much better this way (IFRAMEs cause many kind of problems). This can be also used for any other application that would be glad to have SMF's navigation at top of the page..

TinyPortal issue: TinyPortal's language file is not loaded automaticly by this script, as it doesn't call "the main" smf, it just calls the part needed to provide header with navigation of site. Therefore while designing this I noticed that link "Forum" does not display (as loaded language files don't contain it) at all, so I made this MOD to autodetect if TinyPortal is installed, and if it is, it loads language file for TinyPortal and therefore problem is solved. Error log doesn't come up full with errors about missing file when using it without TinyPortal because of detection routine. Detection is pretty simple, it actually just checks if there is TPortal.php in Sources, but that's enough..

---

2) SMFTP
Special theme made for Coppermine. Needs support from my GalleryButton MOD as this theme doesn't have page header at all, this is supposed to come from SMF side. It also must be used in bridged mode (as this way SMF's Load.php is included which is needed to provide full functionality)

Satisfied or still have questions?

jake1981

Quote from: G6â„¢ on June 19, 2007, 08:04:17 AM
Im not sure i follow you here ?

What exactly does this do ? I have read through your post 2 times, looked at the screen shots several more.
From what i understand the mod creates "buttons" for the default theme ?

There is where i get lost.
The "buttons" from the screenshots "gallery" "Forum" are allready implemented as soon as you apply the mods through the package manager,
Example the forum button. That button is added by the tinyportal modification, Gallery is added by the gallery modification.

So can you try and explain a bit more about what your work actually do ? And how do you use it ?
All mods installed that uses a button allready have a button added by the modification you install.

Sounds like you already running some kind of GalleryButton MOD in the first place - OR you are running with SMF Gallery.. (Yes, it creates gallery button also to your navigation)

This MOD is useless when used with SMF Gallery, it already has a button for itself, it also already loads into same frame with SMF, so you don't need this. This is usefull for people using galleries that are not made for SMF in the first place and they want a link to that gallery, as gallery installation didn't create a navigation button to it.

Notice that I never referred gallery to be equal with SMF Gallery. Gallery is equal to.. Well CPG, or some unknown gallery software..