TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:03:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 212
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 158
  • Total: 158

Video carousel in article

Started by jernatety, November 03, 2019, 12:41:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jernatety

Hi, I'm late to the party :(

This looks fantastic Mick, great work. I read through all of the replies and see some kinks were worked out through trial and error. Is all of that reflected up to date in the code pen code? I think this would be really cool as a mod but would the mod be able to be used in HTML blocks maybe with a short code or something, or would you still have to manually write everything in the HTML in order for it to run properly?

Thank you!

lurkalot

Think that was the idea.  A mod which can be used on a basic forum which will display the slider on forum index. 

But if you use the mod on a forum running a portal you'd be able to set it not to display the actual slider on the forum index.  Then you would put the given code in a block and display it where you want.

Having a mod will give you a interface to add the video urls, and it would upload the necessary slider script files to the correct places for you, instead of doing it manually like we did.

Personally I'd prefer not to install another mod, and just upload them manually, as it's only a one off thing.  All video urls can be added in the block itself, like they are in the example you've seen on our test sites.  More mods = more problems imo, especially when it comes to upgrades etc.

jernatety

Good point. I would only be using exclusively on TP HTML pages. With that said, is all of the code on Mick's code pen up to date with modifications made that fixed the handheld issues?

lurkalot

Quote from: jernatety on December 30, 2019, 02:11:56 PM
Good point. I would only be using exclusively on TP HTML pages. With that said, is all of the code on Mick's code pen up to date with modifications made that fixed the handheld issues?

I can't answer the mobile compatibly question, because I only have a Android and windows phones to test on.  Your best bet is to try it out if you have a iPhone 

Grab the code from Micks site https://www.idesignsmf.com/index.php/topic,564.html and follow instructions, this is what I'm using, here, http://lts4.byethost7.com/index.php

Mick

Like Mick pointed out, I have an older slider mod where you can add all inputs in the admin interface. Ability to tun it off in the boadindex but still able to show it in blocks if one uses a portal using a small bit of code. Im cosidering making a mod but I too rather edit templates manually than uploading mods. In my own site I on ly use about 10 mods lol  :P Everything else hand made. Also I cannot test on apple devices. I only own an Android and looks fine on well cross browsers too.